• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what happened to crazy horse offroad park?

bosco01xj

NAXJA Forum User
I was kayaking the buffalo river this weekend and realized there used to be an offroad park by Bell bridge. I've searched for info but can't find anything. does anyone here know the story on why this park failed?

Not sure why it failed, but the land formally known as the offroad park is up for sale. It appears it was only about 10 miles of trails or so. I remember reading something about it on Pirate a while back.

If I remember correctly, they had to shut it down due to lack of insurance bonding and also because of permits (eco wise). From what I heard, the people that owned the land said "hey, we'll make a park" and did so illegally. Not necessarily on purpose, but they jumped in before they knew about bonding, insurance, EPA permits, etc.

Thats just what I remember hearing anyway.

If I remember correctly, they had to shut it down due to lack of insurance bonding and also because of permits (eco wise). From what I heard, the people that owned the land said "hey, we'll make a park" and did so illegally. Not necessarily on purpose, but they jumped in before they knew about bonding, insurance, EPA permits, etc.

Thats just what I remember hearing anyway.

Back