• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What does your rig weigh?

Jump This said:
Okay...for sake of commparison......what does a stock XJ weigh?? And the bias as well.......?

My 97 has a curb weigh of 3349. I have 1300# of drive train and armour mods. And I don't have a spare tire.

Jump This said:
Okay...for sake of commparison......what does a stock XJ weigh?? And the bias as well.......?
curb weight 2wd = 2,891 lbs - 2,993 lbs
curb weight 4wd = 3,057 lbs - 3,386 lbs
Dunno about the bias though

Jump This said:
Mine weights 3850 lbs with a full tank of gas, spares ( ~100 lbs), and me sitting in the drivers seat. It has some light mods; 31” tires, tire rack w/full sized spare, front & rear skid plates. No Dana 60s or cages in the foreseeable future :worship: I’m beginning to think that I should bring the bare minimums for me and let everyone else fend for themselves.

A vegetarian would be hard-pressed to find ANYTHING to eat in Tex-ass.

We need to whip up a sushi potluck next time the Crew gets together.

CRASH

Porch Puppy said:
Will I weighed mine and its 4360 loaded for JV.

Andy

When did you weigh it?
Man, I was hoping mine was still under 4000(actually around 3500). Guess I was wrong.

Porch Puppy said:
Will I weighed mine and its 4360 loaded for JV.

Andy

You better expand your top secret do%^ ta*$ project if you wanna get down to 4000lbs.
For all the work I just did I'm only 40lbs lighter than when I last posted on this thread :(
I'm seriously considering the URF cage elimination kit.
Paul

Paul S said:
You better expand your top secret do%^ ta*$ project if you wanna get down to 4000lbs.
For all the work I just did I'm only 40lbs lighter than when I last posted on this thread :(
I'm seriously considering the URF cage elimination kit.
Paul

:shocked:
How much can something like this weigh?
picture.JPG

I'm wonderin' how heavy Hinkley's junk is.

Jes said:
:shocked:
How much can something like this weigh?
picture.JPG

I'm wonderin' how heavy Hinkley's junk is.

3860lbs with everything I carry on the hammers, excluding tools. I've since added a good 20lbs worth of tube!!!

I think Hinkley said his is 4125lbs.

Paul

Porch Puppy said:
Hinkleys is 4125lbs :wow: I would think more like 3800 or 3900

Andy

Hinkley's still the Cadillac Man at heart, he won't give-up those power windows.

I gotta go pull 40lbs worth of useless A/C components off.

Paul

Paul needs some serious intervention help. He is a XJ-Anorexic.

I think he goes to one of those scales in LA which are light to fool the cops.

Mine weights like 4100 not 4125!

I ain't giving up windows just for 40 lbs!

hinkley

Stock 95 Limited ex Japan (so leather seats, wood grain etc and bash plate front & rear) with three tow hooks added and a tow bar (hitch) with 5 brand new 235*75 R15s in LT is 3443lbs with half tank of petrol. Weighed this weeks at local refuse station scales. (no I'm not dumping it, I'm wrapped with it).

Back