• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what does that look like?

Jeffro600 said:
lol, i just cant fathom why people would pay good money for junk like that...that has got to run in a price range similar to a good longarm setup?!?

While I'll agree on the price arguement, that skyjacker subframe is much better then Rubicon Drop Brackets. It might not be ideal for you, but it ain't junk either.

I disagree about the skyjacker being better than RE stuff. I know some people who should chime in with ex skyjacker stuff now running much better RE stuff or the like. I had heard about the skyjacker stuff cracking and all the joints wearing out very prematurely. RE is 10x better IMO==========Kyle

Anyhow, back to his question, those tires almost look like 33's to me if they're on a 15 inch rim? they might be 35's if they are 35x13.5's on a 10"wide rim, but i donno, i'm gonna have to go for the 6" with 33's or 6" with 35's, but those bushwackers really throw my guestimation off. =) I'm just curious, but does everyone's lifted jeep ride and perform like crap? With a proper set up jeep, there isn't any problem with doing 75mph in the rain. I donno, but I do it all the time and have had to do emergency stops in the rain and snow with no problems. I've got BFG 35's and a FT 6" LA and it rides and handles much better than stock on the road. Kinda like arguing whether or not its safe for a 50 ton semi is safe doing 75mph in the rain also...... :gag:

53guy said:
Anyhow, back to his question, those tires almost look like 33's to me if they're on a 15 inch rim? they might be 35's if they are 35x13.5's on a 10"wide rim, but i donno, i'm gonna have to go for the 6" with 33's or 6" with 35's, but those bushwackers really throw my guestimation off. =) I'm just curious, but does everyone's lifted jeep ride and perform like crap? With a proper set up jeep, there isn't any problem with doing 75mph in the rain. I donno, but I do it all the time and have had to do emergency stops in the rain and snow with no problems. I've got BFG 35's and a FT 6" LA and it rides and handles much better than stock on the road. Kinda like arguing whether or not its safe for a 50 ton semi is safe doing 75mph in the rain also...... :gag:

Oh my nieve young man, why must you take everything so literal......oh and a 50 ton semi has better brakes than an XJ.

SonomaXJ said:
On the other hand, when you do a 720 into the center divider, I can buy those Bushwacker flares on the cheap!

Yeah, because they'll probably crack, since that's about all they're good at doing. :wierd:

Just a point of reference though...I have the Trxus MTs and they kick butt in the rain. Probably due to having more siping than a typical MT. The new-style Cooper STT also has this same feature. My rig on those tires (33x12.5) was my DD up until recently and say about 80-100 miles of highway per day. With that kind of travel I'm certainly not going to spend the entire time in the right lane.

I'd definitely call 35's on the pictured rig, the sidewall height looks to big for 33s.

offroadman83 said:
I disagree about the skyjacker being better than RE stuff. I know some people who should chime in with ex skyjacker stuff now running much better RE stuff or the like. I had heard about the skyjacker stuff cracking and all the joints wearing out very prematurely. RE is 10x better IMO==========Kyle

You're getting to general here. The Skyjacker Subframe is a better design then the Rubicon Drop Brackets, especially now. Thats all I'm saying here.

after very close scrutiny i would have to say it is definately.....

a nice looking lifted XJ:laugh3:

91 Jeep Project said:
You're getting to general here. The Skyjacker Subframe is a better design then the Rubicon Drop Brackets, especially now. Thats all I'm saying here.
yes it is, it's deffinetly alot stronger than the RE brackets, thats why it's used alot in JeepSpeed.

I plan on crusiing at 80 mph all the way to and from winterfest...

6" lift, short arms, 33" BFG's, ProComp Shocks, no front or rear swaybars, 4 years driving expierence, and 1/2 ton brakes.

am i going to die?

probably

will it be fun?

probably...

No Ranger No, you are gonna tarnish you image as webwheeler extrodinaire if you actually go wheeling.......

:doh: I'm trying to understand how a picture taken by what appears to be a person standing on the side of the road can detrmine a speed of 75 mph. The Jeep looks stopped not because its a still picture but because of the detail in the wheels which would be totally blurred if they were turning. I'm not a super slueth so I must be missing something. :dunno:

Last edited:
If you look closely you can tell the brake lights are on. Those horrible XJ brakes must have locked up on him and he's sliding (reason for no wheel spin).:wierd:

Matt_S said:
If you look closely you can tell the brake lights are on. Those horrible XJ brakes must have locked up on him and he's sliding (reason for no wheel spin).:wierd:

those are his running lights. unless you happen to know for a fact that his 3rd brake light is inop.

jrsxj98 said:
No Ranger No, you are gonna tarnish you image as webwheeler extrodinaire if you actually go wheeling.......

well i figure that i skipped out on wheeling all summer to put this damn dana 44 up front, i might as well use the fool width axle in the mud and muck at winterfest...

i waS already pretty stupid and then i read this thread, jebus H-christ, my smal iq is deminishing

actually due to the amount of lat. rainfalling at a south southwest direction and the way the trees appear in the background + the amt of water splashin from the god o so horrible mt's i would say that jeep is traveling at 37.4mph not the 70+ someone said. :wave: make everybody happy?

looks to be 35s w/ 6in.....but who cares unless you are runnin' 44inches under that skyraper stuff you need to go home, done deal :rattle:

Back