• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you want to do in 2012?

Heness Pass is a easy trail but something on my list, its fine for stock XJ's even. It goes from Verdi Nevada (by Cabalas off 80) and runs 75 miles over the Sierras to highway 49 in California. Its the old "safer" bypass after the Donner party happened. Its more of a historical and scenic drive then anything, but should be a great drive to camp a night, bbq and drink???

that sounds really fun. id be down.

Rich (98ghostxj) and I have discussed going to Swamp Lake again this year. It depends on how much vacation time I have. SR/DV are always in my plans for the summer. Rubicon possible, again depending on vacation time available.

how about a week long campout prairie city so we can get everything done. Got a lot of ground to cover out there..

+1 for the reno trip!
+1 for the con
+1 for a dusy trip

and...... anybody down for a trip to JV?

Rich (98ghostxj) and I have discussed going to Swamp Lake again this year.
Goatman runs Swamp lake every year for over 10 years now, with his new G and G shop it might be harder for him to get away, but look for a run with him and NAXJA in August.

Rubicon and Dusy have been on my list.

I would like to get back up to Reno again for some more fun, without the near arrest this time LOL.

Gold Lake area would be a great chill camping weekend.

Josh

Gold lake is it for me. I love that place. Camp sites on the lake for peeps with boats so you can literally pull the boat up to a camp site, great mx riding and or mountain biking, and great jeepin with neat abandoned gold mining shit scattered throughout. Plumas county is one of the most offroad friendly counties in CA. Whatever days we plan for this i'll be there. Labor day perhaps?

Rubicon and Dusy have been on my list.

I would like to get back up to Reno again for some more fun, without the near arrest this time LOL.

Gold Lake area would be a great chill camping weekend.

Josh

I would like to do more in the Lake Basin area too and get to know the area.

I want to camp a lot down at our farm in KY(not cornfield, mostly wooded) and I will be headed to Denver/Moab this may.

We need to start a poll for Sierra Fest on some dates. Just my .02

Sounds like more than a few people want to get up to Gold Lake area. I can help out here and lead the trip, or atleast the Snake Lake trail. The camping is amazing and Phil can show Liz a trail or two without rocks the size of VW's.

With the lack of winter weather we are having it should be a good place to go anytime in the summer.

Sounds like more than a few people want to get up to Gold Lake area. I can help out here and lead the trip, or atleast the Snake Lake trail. The camping is amazing and Phil can show Liz a trail or two without rocks the size of VW's.

With the lack of winter weather we are having it should be a good place to go anytime in the summer.

Yes, just say when. :yap:

In! Thanks for the chance.

im in for gold lake thatll be so freaking fun with a good sized naxja group...

im just trying to put all of these runs into some place holders for weeks:

May
3 reno
June
1 boards/SR/DV
3 hell hole
July
2 rubicon
4seirra fest?
August
2gold lake
3 swamp/dusy
september
1 fordyce
3barret
October
1 rubicon
3 SR /DV

You can add King of the Hammers and JV trail running Feb 8-11, well that's when I am going down. I just swapped in new ball joints, again, I am stoked.

It's not too late to call into work with a planed illness. :cheers:

Back