• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you know about Bobcats??

47255_1594745311842_1332229658_1555482_6101148_n.jpg

37344_461158228764_7408671_n.jpg

Crazy or no?

I would live there if it had power (or a good spot for solar/wind generator)

but I don't think anyone will take my opinion to mean you aren't crazy.

I have grid power and well/spring fed indoor plumbing and that's about it.

No cable, internet is through a broadband connection. I'm sitting on the front porch right now.

Solar wouldn't work well as I'm pretty deep in a hollow and don't get a lot of light. That makes it a bad place for a garden as well. Wind generators would work REALLY well up here though.

It's not a SHTF place because of the lack of garden. But I could ride out a short uprising as I have a clear line of sight and an easily defensible position. ;)

It's a lease, and a cool one at that.

oh, you have grid power and plumbing and internet?

Sign me up.

All joking aside it is a very pleasant place to live. I'm a half mile off of a one lane dead end state maintained road, I have two neighbors I never see but can always count on, and I can PEE off my front porch. (Which was really convienient when I was a drinker. ;) )

If you can't relax up here you need medication.

Except when bears and raccoons come in the house...

But then you get to shoot something. And that's always relaxing.

LOL. Something like that.

I had to look it up, we could be neighbors, about 100 miles apart,,,,,,

I'd suggest upgrading the home for animal proofing also. Try getting stainless steel mesh for the window screens. In sturdy wooden frames, (not the cheap aluminum jobs with rubber spline hold-downs) they'll hold out most animals. 'Coons can get through them, but not without a lot of effort and a lot of noise.

As for the bear,...

Maybe get a cat? :rof:

I had a bad bobcat problem in '10 it wasn't afraid of humans. Killed 11 of my chickens, one house cat 4 neighborhood dogs (1 rott) . Anyhoo, fish and game said destroy it. I tried but a Guy down the road got it. Thing caused a bit of havoc for a while.

Back