• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you guys think of Rustys appearance?

I thought is was nice to see Rusty make his preseance known and try to make things right with the LA tube thickness issues, but I wonder if he only came on for the sake of doing damage control. I was curious to see what you guys thought, he did say he would try and make time to be on the forum and I did see him on tonite but again it was only to comment on one of his broken trac bars. So, do you guys think that it's because he wants to be a part of the :NAXJA: community or just trying to do damage control?

:peace: Kelvin

pierceME311 said:
I thought is was nice to see Rusty make his preseance known and try to make things right with the LA tube thickness issues, but I wonder if he only came on for the sake of doing damage control. I was curious to see what you guys thought, he did say he would try and make time to be on the forum and I did see him on tonite but again it was only to comment on one of his broken trac bars. So, do you guys think that it's because he wants to be a part of the :NAXJA: community or just trying to do damage control?

:peace: Kelvin

Damage control. His products and customer service have taken a beating on this and other forums.

mtnxj said:
Damage control. His products and customer service have taken a beating on this and other forums.
Thats what happens when you act like a jerk and don't take care of your customers.

I will never own anything he makes....good product or not. Its not so much his stuff as it is him.

pierceME311 said:
Ahh, I see. A man of principal are you? That's understandable.
I have seen him seriously...and I mean seriously screw several people that I am friends with.

I don't like seeing my friends screwed with so yeah...guess that makes me a man of principal.

I never knew it'd turn out that way. I had thought the thread pass through the archives with 0 Reply. I saw it updated by rusty and was amazed. Someone had asked for proof.
So what was I going to Do? prove I'm not trolling/bashing; I went out and got the cut arm and measured it like I had the day I chopped them, but I snapped a pic. It's open information.

He says he is going give me the tubing I want, so I am not very displeased...

I also noticed he removed the quarter inch part, out of the description on ALL arms. Just says 2" dom...Must have been more than my mix up. If I get my stuff, I won't have anymore bad to say. the thread is there for people to see it.

DrMoab said:
I have seen him seriously...and I mean seriously screw several people that I am friends with.

I don't like seeing my friends screwed with so yeah...guess that makes me a man of principal.

That's shitty, well I bought my first lift from them and have been replacing the parts steadily before they break. I am not trying to give you shit or anything, I'm just suprised to see someone else that basis their desicions on principal, it seems to be a lost way of thinking for most. I try and apply it to my life as much as possible also. I can't say that I have been given the shaft buy rusty's but I have read enough horror stories from other people (you included) to make me purchase elsewhere, my worst experience was calling for tech support and talking with a guy that had an accent so thick it sounded like he had a mouth full of marbles.

pierceME311 said:
my worst experience was calling for tech support and talking with a guy that had an accent so thick it sounded like he had a mouth full of marbles.
Alabama marbles? :D

I have run into Rusty and have a hard enough time understanding him face to face.

I gave the stuff a try and after watching steering systems fail, tow hooks fail, control arms fail...............I think Ill fail to buy anything

my only experience with him was several years ago. I ordered an AAL from him. I have no complaints about that transaction. Thats the only experience I have with him or his product. I havent ordered anything else from him simply because he hasnt offered anything I want.
Back to the OP question, I think he may be checking out the forums to do some damage control. Hopefully he will do some reading and pickup on some comments about his product and service, both good and/or bad. I dont see anything wrong with that. I wish all the manufacturers would check in to see what is said about their products and to set things straight for people. I applaud him for that, its gotta be tough to put yourself in the hotseat but in the end, its a good thing if he uses the information wisely.

I always bend over backwards for my customers when needed, after all, they sign the paychecks.

I ran his 3" lift with no complaints and nothing but positive experiences, for two years.

I'm running his 4.5" springs in the front of my rig now. Perfect spring rate.

To each their own.

vetteboy said:
I ran his 3" lift with no complaints and nothing but positive experiences, for two years.

I'm running his 4.5" springs in the front of my rig now. Perfect spring rate.

To each their own.

I'll have to agree with you on this one. I have his 6.5" Full Leaf Pack kit and have had no problems with it other than not having adjustable control arms but that was my fault for not adding them. As far as his appearance on here, I'd say it was damage control as well. Hell, with all the Rusty Bashing going on around here what do you expect him to do. I have spoken with them on the phone several times and they help me out just like I would expect them. I'll still buy from Rustys and I don't forsee having any problems with the lift but if I do I feel sure they will help me out just like he says they will.

His leafs have been great to me, been runnin them for almost 2 years. I had his trac bar a while and sold it, not because of the breakage, just cause I dropped the lift a while. His shipping is too much for me to deal with anymore. I usualy go with a flat-rate distributor and keep cost down.

rockwerks said:
remember all this springs are out sourced;, he just resells them.

I wonder how many aftermarket suspension companies actually manufacture their own springs. Just a guess but I would say most outsource them, especially the smaller shops. could be good or bad depending on where they get their springs from.

Ray H said:
I wonder how many aftermarket suspension companies actually manufacture their own springs. Just a guess but I would say most outsource them, especially the smaller shops. could be good or bad depending on where they get their springs from.

That was my point

DrMoab said:
Thats what happens when you act like a jerk and don't take care of your customers.

I will never own anything he makes....good product or not. Its not so much his stuff as it is him.
Exactly. I was very close to purchasing a few things from him awhile back (years ago), yet when I called it seemed like he didn't want to take the time out of his day to answer my questions. No problem I ordered from someone else. I don't know if he is still like that, but I don't generally give second chances to those that won't take the time of day when I was close to spending a grand with them; especially when many others comment similarly as me. This is a small business if you really think about it, customer service should be on top of #1 on the list of priorities. That being said I've been treated very well from the vendors I have done business with and they will continue to receive it.

[Slight Tangent]
On a side note; I feel for all those poor poor poor soles that buy from him due to his PowerBlock ads. Heck I feel sorry for anyone that watches Powerblock at all during the day. I set the DVR for HorsePower, MuscleCar, and Xtreme4x4 so I can skip all the junk in between later on. Plus, who isn't in the garage at that time anyway?
[/Slight Tangent]

Last edited:
I just hope I'm still liable for my new arms. Since the website changed after my thread:dunno: I wouldn't count on him doing this for anyone else, since I was the first in the history to place a rusty arm on the dewault chop.

Back