• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do yall think? (pictures)

Easy E

NAXJA Forum User
A good friend of mine gave me a heads up on this site and im a noobie but im hoping to learn a bit with the help from some of yall. I baught this 89 cherokee this past summer and since i have put 1000 into it to fix leaks and what-not. but now all my debt gone! so now i can start improving my heep.
heres what im working with now, with a few minor tweaks and "improvements"

IMG_0193.jpg

AFTER
heep2.jpg

Stuck?
IMG_0362.jpg

the champ =P
IMG_0290.jpg

Little bit dirty

IMG_0365.jpg

How yall feel about my plans

-2.25" spacers and shackels(should be put on tomorrow)
-Flowmaster exaust (getting for cheap)
-34 Super Swamper LTB
-17 inch rims (thinking black in color?)
-Quite a bit of cutting as well.

any suggestions?

Looks nice man. Good to see your already getting her dirty. I am a bit unsure of the 34's with only 2.25". Even if you cut your fenders way up you will still rub when wheeling. You might look into picking up some coils and a add a leaf to combine with your spacers and shackles.

yeah it would give me more clearence which is never a bad thing, saving up for new bumbers as well, maybe a winch too =) prolly be one of the last things ill be buying though

you should be fine with a BB and 34's. I ran 35's on 3 inches and it wheeled great. Keep the low center of gravity and the bigger tires were a combination I liked. Just don't be scared with the saw.

Easy E. The only thing I can suggest is for you to not wheel in areas that you do not know the owner and watch out down there. They get real bent out of shape around here and where you are if you do not have permission to be on peoples property. Powerlines in general are not legal wheeling spots.

well luckly i have friends with jeeps (much better than mine) to help me out through the process, also they have places they have built so we can all wheel together.

Very nice. No lift with 33" tires? The fender trim looks very well done.

Yup, that's stock height on 33x10.50's. I did a decent job on the fender trim. It's a good 20-footer. The fronts are a lil' wavy in spots, and the rear was the cut/tab/fold method.

nice looking jeep renegade, guess i might just be ok with 34's after all

Thanks. Just to get a lil' more ground clearance, I'm still planning on throwing on my 3.5" lift. But the plan is to stick to 34" LTB's.

I like the lift plans... low, simple, and effective....

Them 34's are great pizza cutters.... mud ahoy!!

So, finally i got the frontside lifted up. So now im sittin at a squat and looking like i live in aynor (if you dont know where that is your not missing much) but anyhow heres a few updated pictures.

161.jpg

160.jpg

166.jpg

Its a start of something beautiful :repair:

Feedback is always welcomed

Wasnt to hard. had someone working with that knew what he was doing so he kinda showed me how to do it for the most part so besides havig to travel to get a tool it went quite smooth :thumbup:

looks MUCH better....keep the updates coming! When you were under it putting on the lift bet you wish you didn't get it so muddy! I hate mud falling all in my eye's. SO i put on glasses then they fog up...o well i'm heading to the garage!

hah nahh by then the mud had all dryed up and we had to scrape it off with a screwdriver. wish i had a pressure washer handy at the time. :bs:

hah nahh by then the mud had all dryed up and we had to scrape it off with a screwdriver. wish i had a pressure washer handy at the time. :bs:

Agree... but then we have muddy H2O in the eye's mot just mud!

Back