• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do i need to run 7 and 8 rated trails

jragan said:
So looking over trail requirements, never running with NAXJA formally, have a question on what my rig will be limited to run. I have and would run a 7 any day of the week, however I know due to bigger group you have to cut the limit somewhere. I am locked Front and rear with 32" tires, will be going to 33's however more then likely having over half tread left and money being sent else where, I will not have them before the event. Will I be limited to run only 6 rated trails? Really asking due to fact would like to run Moab Rim.

Locked front and rear with 33's can run pretty much everything out there. Other than a couple trails at Area BFE, you could run all the Moab trails.

jragan said:
Thanks guys, sort of what I figured. Did not think a half inch of clearance would push me over the edge.`
No... In fact, I have seen guys with 31 inch tires make fools out of the bigger guys on a few of the obsticals. Back when dump bump was still around it seemed that a smallish Jeep with 30s or 31s would walk up it. I did it several times running 31s and 33s. When i wet to 35s and a long arm set up I could no longer get over it.

jragan said:
.... I am locked Front and rear with 32" tires . . . would like to run Moab Rim.

Shouldn't be an issue at all - I'm on 32's with a locked front and Auburn LSD rear and have been up Moab Rim more than once. Considering my own skills are just average - I'd have to chalk this success up to the XJ itself.

Considering the other trails she ran on 31's and 235's! over the years, I'd say you're in for a good time overall.

MG

there is nothing wrong with running the moab trails with 32's I( i did it for years) but BFE on the other hand is a challenge.

Back