• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

At that point why not build a whole chassis? Unibody just seems like a less than ideal foundation, but don't get me wrong i like what you've done! Looks great!
Is it just for title/license purposes?

Couple reasons, budget mostly. As it sits, I have about 2300 in the whole jeep. Cage, lockers, suspension seats, etc.... And honestly, my jeep flat out works. It's nothing special, but everyone I ride with is on tons and 37's or larger and it keeps up just fine. It makes no sense at all to me. So I hated to change something that works. But, obviously a cage had to happen after I rolled it.

I thought about tube chassis, but I went this route. I might change my mind eventually. When that happens, I'll sell this one and build it all from scratch....with tons...and 42's....and an ls...and so on...

For now, BUDGET BUGGY/XJUGGY THING FOR THE WIN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting there!!
f3e2615165283b7d372cee6b45105070.jpg

Completed passenger side rear quarter panel trim and fold. Still need to paint to match but turned out decently. Need to complete the driver side so i can Myron my tire carrier.

Sold my WJ today since I got bored with it. That means BettyTheStocker got pulled out from the weeds, and is back on weekend driver duty.

Needs a little TLC (tires, rear brakes, shocks, the knocking motor) so I'm tossing around "build" ideas. Just not sure what my end goal is. 2" BB and 31's, keep it stock with some 235's, or slap the Nail Salon's old Phase1 parts on it with some 33" AT's and make it a mall crawler...

Sold my WJ today since I got bored with it. That means BettyTheStocker got pulled out from the weeds, and is back on weekend driver duty.

Needs a little TLC (tires, rear brakes, shocks, the knocking motor) so I'm tossing around "build" ideas. Just not sure what my end goal is. 2" BB and 31's, keep it stock with some 235's, or slap the Nail Salon's old Phase1 parts on it with some 33" AT's and make it a mall crawler...

Mall crawler. Lol

You know you won't be happy with it stock. So mall crawler.

Painted the jeep white over the weekend and today iv been cleaning up my roof rack a bit to get it ready to go back on. I think it came out pretty well for a rattle can job

340487700825cd5846b10f0722caefac.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Painted the jeep white over the weekend and today iv been cleaning up my roof rack a bit to get it ready to go back on. I think it came out pretty well for a rattle can job

340487700825cd5846b10f0722caefac.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thinking about painting mine also. Got enough scratches and such to justify it lol
Been thinking about doing the refrigerator appliance white spray can. Someone on here in another chapter did it and I liked the look of it

Thinking about painting mine also. Got enough scratches and such to justify it lol
Been thinking about doing the refrigerator appliance white spray can. Someone on here in another chapter did it and I liked the look of it
Haha, yea mine had a few deep scratches that were starting to rust so I figured it was time. I think I have seen pics of the appliance painted jeep and it did look good.

Fixed the wiring runnin to the front speakers, then installed new Kickers 6.5" speakers. Now, just need to replace the 20 yr. old cassette deck and the rear speakers.

One thing always leads to nother. I plan to replace the battery leads by soldering new ends on. Well that lead to dropping a nut, which lead to snapping a few studs off and finding a bunch of rust. 5hrs later, a new plate welded in (huge PITA), leads complete and I went ahead and ordered a DP battery tray since the place unit is broken.

Ordered DPG lift and bumpers from Dirtbound. - 33s and alloys tomorrow.

The 01 is getting a new lease on life. Shooting for LCOG DD, weekend warrior :)

Cut all 4 fenders preparing for the lift and tires. I might have cut too much in the front. All I had was a bench grinder to make the cuts and it was hard to hang on to it. Anyway it trimmed out nice once I heated the trim up to make the bends. It got dark before I could finish so only have one picture. - That's the first one I did. The last was much better.

IMG_1371_zpsyll4eis3.jpg

Here is the before.

IMG_1362_zpsdfj7msev.jpg

Back