• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

43C4D2DE-8B66-43AA-BD34-FA0C2B8330D4-2513-000001FC9BE1436F.jpg

Nothing...

Replaced a broken axle on the trail.

OH that must've been fun. Thought the awesome XJ was out of commission for the winter? ....wait dont tell me you decided to wheel the fox?

Blew a power steering hose on FB5, found it out at lunch. Got it home, got a new hose installed and were ready to go.

Blew a power steering hose on FB5, found it out at lunch. Got it home, got a new hose installed and were ready to go.

Thats funny...when I blew the steering hose on mine it was on FB5 too.....
Ok who's the next NAXJA member to have this happen to them... it always happens in three's.....

Thats funny...when I blew the steering hose on mine it was on FB5 too.....
Ok who's the next NAXJA member to have this happen to them... it always happens in three's.....

Rod did too. Actually, I don't know if it was a blown hose or leaking from somewhere else

Its all the trees & 4 point turns on FB5, its death to steering. At least me & Rod didn't loose steering going up the trail.

Buddy of mine was allowed to leave the lot and drive home with BOTH a loose tie rod and drag link after having his TJ aligned at the Les Schwab in beaverton. The nuts were finger loose.....

Buddy of mine was allowed to leave the lot and drive home with BOTH a loose tie rod and drag link after having his TJ aligned at the Les Schwab in beaverton. The nuts were finger loose.....

I once had an NTB say a front wheel was loose and that they couldn't touch it. I drove home cause I for whatever reason didn't have any tire iron in the car. Thankfully it was only about 2 miles but still. And they were all about half way out. I could feel the wheel moving around.

Pulled out the axels to replace the sloppy and busted u-joints . Thanks to NW99XJ the job will be a lot easier with the wright tool , thanks again buddy . New USA alloy joints won't be in until Friday so I can take my time .

IMAG0474.jpg

IMAG0476.jpg

IMAG0477.jpg

Glad to help out, hope things go smoothly for ya!
Let me know if you end up needing some extra muscle or a third hand.

I know Torx also swears by those harbor freight U/ball joint tools, but damn, I have one that's shaped like a S by now. Well actually I got rid of it. Anyways, looking to buy one of higher quality metal, gonna ask my local auto shop what brand they use, I think it's like TSC or some abbreviation.

Back