• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

I washed TSF mud off my Jeep... and then washed it again.

If I was worried about info people could find on the internet I would have used a screenname. Likewise, my profile would be private. Also, I would consider using something different for my eMail ([email protected]) If anyone's really that interested I'll give them my address and phone number. Knowing the persons name that you're stealing a vehicle from doesn't make it any easier... in fact, driving all the way out here would make stealing my vehicle more difficult than the 200 other XJ's between you and me. Nice old pic though =) I always like that one haha :dunce: (By the way, before anyone stereotypes it, I'm not a flat-billed wannabe thug that wears soulja boy glasses... just dressed in costume there haha)

While I'm at it, here's the grinding issue that I was having... anyone have a reason for me not to dremmel this metal strap off?
12346pw.jpg

No reason you can't take off the tabs.
I would also recommend fixing the REAL issue, you need new engine mounts and tranny mount.

Michael

i orderd my long arm conversion kit

You think for sure I need both the tranny mount AND motor mounts? When I got the Jeep I was told that there was no rubber part on the tranny mount and would occasionally hear a little thud from that area. Maybe motor mounts are still fine but I should look into fixing the tranny mount issue?

Possibly but most likely the motor mounts were worn from having no tranny mount.

Left mine to the care of ACR:
* Rear disk break conversion, Axel shaft seals and bearings
* Water pump, thermostat, hoses, eliminated pressure bottle, belt, and idler bearing
* Replaced wasted U joint
* Maybe fixed frame on drivers seat

Well finally after all the bs..I agree with you on that call Micheal..I`m speeking from experience..

I don't know if I should feel excited or disapointed :D
I have never put my fan through my radiator :eek:

Possibly but most likely the motor mounts were worn from having no tranny mount.

Correct. I would replace all 3. They should be done together. You could replace the tranny mount and pull the engine mounts and make sure they look PERFECT? But, engine mounts are much cheaper than radiators ;)

Michael

Yesterday, I removed the plastic rub strips from the door. That was a bitch, took bug and tar remover, rubbing alcohol, woman's hair dryer, and a plastic drywall trowell to get the adhesive tape off. Took me probably 2 hours to do both sides...is there something else that works better I could've used?

But I removed those so I could paint the lower part of my Jeep flat black - from the little lip around the front fender, to the lower part of the doors, around the rear fender where my THOR's don't cover and then underneath my THORS in back where I did the tuck 'n fold treatment. The paint on mine chipped like crazy when we trimmed so this will really help as I had paint chipping all over....

Took the XJ up the Santiam Canyon to Niagra Heights Rd. to go find snow... and found it I did! Had all three dogs... played about an hour... nice thing is it's just a 20 min drive from home:rof:Forgot camera tho... DOH!

Took the XJ up the Santiam Canyon to Niagra Heights Rd. to go find snow... and found it I did! Had all three dogs... played about an hour... nice thing is it's just a 20 min drive from home:rof:Forgot camera tho... DOH!

bastardo. now that im all ready.

Yesterday, I removed the plastic rub strips from the door. That was a bitch, took bug and tar remover, rubbing alcohol, woman's hair dryer, and a plastic drywall trowell to get the adhesive tape off. Took me probably 2 hours to do both sides...is there something else that works better I could've used?

2 products:
1. MBX with an "eraser" wheel is the best mechanical way. (http://www.mbxit.com/)

2. any Citric (orange) based cleaner is the best "chemical" way.

Michael

I sold my xj about 1.5 years ago. I was off island so my mother sold it for me. The guy never put it in his name and left the military and abandoned my XJ on base :(

I flew back to Hawaii for other matters anyway and decided I would get it back if for nothing else then parts.

It had a rebuilt motor with less then 200 miles on it, custom dash, aftermarket gauges, small lift, 33" tires, dana 44 rear, hp non disco d 30 front, NP435/np205 and was pretty ugly but no real damage.

Got it back last week and went thru it, heres the break down on its current status.

Driver window busted, missing stereo and the mic to the CB is gone, key stuck in ignition (broken ignition switch), bald flat tire, random trash left inside and it sat under a messy tree for 4 months at the impound yard so it was disgusting. Other then that very complete and less then 800 miles since I sold it.

After going thru it today I got it to start. it runs really well!!! checked compression and oil pressure and all is good!! filled the tire and drove around the block, everything still works! pulled off the top hat of the 435 just to check it, still looks good, pulled the diff covers and no problems in there!
I pulled the ignition switch to get the key out, yep it was cracked inside the switch and wouldnt let it go back into the off position. Bought a new one and when I went to install it the linkage was in the wrong place, like the rod was to long. Made sure it was the right switch for tilt wheel and it was. I figured it must be in the tilt connection and in my infinite wisdom figured the plastic cover was JUST a cover. I must say this wasnt my brightest moment but I broke the plastic "cover" off. It was only then I realized the plastic cover actually holds all the tilt stuff together :( now Im on the hunt for a new column :( still not to bad.
so Im back into it for around $500, not bad, I sold it for about 6x that price but only got about $2K of what was owed, so Im still up. Oh yeah, I sold off some of the crap he left inside for around $600, Id say its a good day :)
I will be shipping it in a couple months, budget isnt allowing it right now, but this time it WILL make it to the west coast :)

couple pics

Before

Heep001.jpg

P1210002.jpg

after

P1010071.jpg

P1010070.jpg

i broke my jeep. i get in it and it went click and no power to any thing. so i fiddle with the positive battery terminal for a while and figured out the problem and while tightening the terminal down i accidentally crossed the 2 terminals while the engine was running now im not getting any spark. any ideas?

installed front locker and rear tire carrier:repair:

Back