• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do on your Jeep today? Sept 2017

I have a 2000 XJ with the coil rail -- I recently swapped in a motor from a 98 ZJ with a 7120 head -- No coil rail mounting points -- I wanted to swap over to a viper coil anyway

A little addition to a stock PDC bracket :
P1060053.JPG

Installed:
P1060054.JPG

Then I made this bracket out of aluminum:

P1060057.JPG

And here is how it will sit:

P1060060.JPG

The 2 lower bolts mount into the motor mount bracket, there are 2 holes already there -- then 2 upper bolts into the modified PDC bracket

More to come...

Then I made this bracket out of aluminum:

And here is how it will sit:

The 2 lower bolts mount into the motor mount bracket, there are 2 holes already there -- then 2 upper bolts into the modified PDC bracket

More to come...

Slick work, looks good!

Found an hour tonight for a little work

Drilled the aluminum bracket for the Viper coil -- Had to remove some weld for bolt head clearance -- I don't have a mill but an end mill on a drill press works just fine with aluminum

P1060065.JPG

Test fit all parts on the bracket -- The lower clamp is a weld on hydraulic hose clamp from Surplus Center. It's there to properly route the 2 stainless braided -6an hoses for the transmission cooler -- Being the weld on clamp is steel, and my bracket is aluminum I has to drill and tap the clamp base for 1/4 -20 bolts so I could bolt it onto my bracket

P1060064.JPG

Bracket is good -- Ready for paint

Bought a driveshaft for my rear, installed the 1310 flange, and mated it up to the D44 axle flange. Need to do some highway speed testing for vibes, but it seems pretty good around town.

Toyota_1310_D44_Flanges_Installed.sized.jpg

Back