• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are the symptoms of a bad o2 sensor?

Thanks for the correction, Seems I made a mistake trying to correct the wrong thing in Lawsoncl's post, LOL. Looking further down seems I miss read his 2000 mile trip as a year 2000 jeep too.

So since it is a 93, then it is just one coil and is thus killing the spark to all the plugs. So the CPS, wiring between the CPS and PCM (ECU), and the ICM under the HV coil are all possibilities. Hell, even the ignition switch could be involved I think. Time to get out the volt-ohm multi meter and start taking readings every where when the spark dies!

OK, if memory serves me, didn't some one go through several (like 3 or more) one right after the other just a week or two ago here? Sounds like a quality problem with some aftermarket vendors.

when
whompinxj said:
I believe his jeep is a 93

Last edited:
I ended up replacing the bad one with another carquest one (Standard brand). The dealership parts dept. was closed in Grand Jct. This one had a black metal portion instead of silver, but otherwise looked identical to the others, including packaging and brand. I scratched up where the metal mounts at the suggestion of the parts store that maybe there was a bad ground. This time it got me up to Winter Park, CO and all the way back to Prescott Valley, Arizona without problems, so not sure if I just had 2 junk carquest coils in a row, or if the ground was the problem. Either way, it's running good now. Thanks for all the help.

Possible Bad ground on the ignition coil. Intersting. Also the color difference on the HV coils is interesting.

xj92 said:
I ended up replacing the bad one with another carquest one (Standard brand). The dealership parts dept. was closed in Grand Jct. This one had a black metal portion instead of silver, but otherwise looked identical to the others, including packaging and brand. I scratched up where the metal mounts at the suggestion of the parts store that maybe there was a bad ground. This time it got me up to Winter Park, CO and all the way back to Prescott Valley, Arizona without problems, so not sure if I just had 2 junk carquest coils in a row, or if the ground was the problem. Either way, it's running good now. Thanks for all the help.

Back