• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What amp's have you fit under the rear seat

wannabe

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to mount an amp under the rear seat but not sure how much room there is under there. What model amp's have you fit back there?

I have an alpine mrp-f650 sitting under my back seat!

I have a Phoenix Gold XS2300 (9.25 x 9.1 x 2.1) and it fits great. If you don't have anything else in there taking up space you could probably go a good bit longer but I don't think you'd be able to fit anything much thicker or wider front to back (depth?) because you'd be into the seat.

I was worried about cooling too, and this amp get pretty warm but has yet to shut off on me.

punch200ix w/o endcaps--will not overheat! The jack mount makes an excellent grounding point.

Why mount in under the seat? Why not mount it to the back of the sub box and not worry about running the extra wire. I did that and love it.

Because then -
  1. your amp is visible
  2. if you have a custom setup (like glassed into the cubby hole) then you dont have room there for an amp
  3. you just put holes in your perfectly sealed sub box
  4. your box will vibrate your amp which could lead to premature failure
punch200ix w/o endcaps--will not overheat! The jack mount makes an excellent grounding point.

Thats the same amp and even grounding setup I'm running ! Except I only removed one of the endcaps and left the other one on.

Looking to mount an amp under the rear seat but not sure how much room there is under there. What model amp's have you fit back there?

I have two Alpine V-Power amps under my rear bench. They don't overheat, and they don't skip a beat. Don't be fooled by their lower pricepoint; they're a quality amp, and certainly allot better than some of the more expensive amps I tried earlier.

amps-sml.jpg

Last edited:
my biggest concern was the amount of space under there. I plan on running an alpine m500 to run a 12" Rockford p3 and from the sounds of it I shouldn't have any space issues. Anyone had heat issues? I wouldn't think it would be too bad as the infinity systems ran the amp under there.

when i had 2 15s in my xj i had 2 HiFONICS brutus 1000w amps under the seat. big power and almost no heat. those amps are known for running cool and being small in size. they are about the size of that alpine V amp in the pic above, if not a little smaller even.

alpine amps don't really ever get that hot i've noticed hell my buddy has 3 kicker 2500.1's in his jeep and they don't really get hot

Because then -
  1. your amp is visible
  2. if you have a custom setup (like glassed into the cubby hole) then you dont have room there for an amp
  3. you just put holes in your perfectly sealed sub box
  4. your box will vibrate your amp which could lead to premature failure

I went this way for convenience. The screw you use to mount it will not let air through, or at least not enough to affect sound, you probably leak more air around the front of the sub woofer and the input box than you would through even poorly mounted holes for an amp. Unless you pre-drill them and use too big of a bit I would not worry about that. I also used rubber washers under all the feet to isolate the amp from the box. On top of that, my box is mounted tightly to the floor in the cargo area, so it does not rattle or move(also pretty hard to steal, 2 have tried with no success, I even caught one). As far as the amp being visible, I do nto have a show truck, nor do I plan on it, if you are worried about theft, you already have the sub visible, so whats the difference, even a stupid thief already knows it is there.

I like this setup, it lets me pull the whole setup out easily so I can use the cargo area. Hell, I have transferred it to another car for a road trip, only had to pull the 6 screws holding it down, and the wires to the amp.

i had a second-hand jensen600 under the rear seat and it was perfect.
there was still some extra space and all the wiring was hidden and organized

i also had a 10in bazooka tube mounted to the spare tire mount in the rear cargo space. that held very nicely and out of the way for the most part

Back