• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

western Ma Mohawk Trail Clean-up

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
where: North Adams and Florida, Ma area
(this is the area we run our mohawk madness event in the summer)
who: YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
MEETING PLACE: BIG Y supermarket, 45 veterans memorial dr, Noth Adams Ma.
when: saturday april 23, 9AM
objective: pre-season clean up of a few trails we use in the area
info: eastern 4 wheelers started the ball rolling on this and we will jump on it as well.. the intention is to get a clean-up crew up on Notch Rd, in north adams (it runs the eastern edge of Mt Greylock) to remove as much trash/debris as we can, it seems to be one of the local "favorites" for dumping your crap.. if we get enough people we will also tackle Florida Rd because last fall when we ran it the place was a real mess.. if we get more people we may add more areas to our clean-up.. there is interest several other clubs. and i will try to drag out some locals too...

it's mud season up there so wear boots!!!!

what we need:
PEOPLE!!!!!
pick-up trucks, CLEAR plastic bags, yard tool (shovels/rakes) a few chain saws may come in handy too..

more info to come.. CLEAR YOUR CALENDARS!!!!!!!

this is the first of several invitations that NAXJA will receive to participate in wheeling events in the new england area..

Last edited:
If I can come I will bring my nice shiny pickup truck and tools, no I wont run Fl Road with it, but I'll help haul out any junk you all bring out to wherever its gotta go.

shoot right at the worst possible time i wish i lived closer i'm starting to get supplys together for my front d44 swap so i don't think i'll be able to make it. unless there is someone around RI that is riding up that wants to give me a ride. anyone talk to Earl lately.

I'll definetely try to get up there. If I can get moved out of my house during the week, I'll be there. Where is the meeting place so I can get directions?

Dean

DDCxj said:
I'll definetely try to get up there. If I can get moved out of my house during the week, I'll be there. Where is the meeting place so I can get directions?

Dean

meeting place still to be determined.. but it will be on Rt 2 (mohawk trail) in north adams...

meeting time and place added now....

we need more volunteers here.. this is to help out a town that TRUELY supports the OHV community..... a few of us will be up there this coming weekend to finish our pre-planning..
gloves, plastic bags, trash "spike" sticks, bigger vehicles will be more beneficial than smaler rigs but DO NOT let that stop you from coming..

Is a stock XJ capeable on these trails? either way i'll try to be there

sidriptide said:
one of them yes.. there will be plenty of open seats anyways.. i will have one..
Sweet I'll be there and will catch a ride with you seeming my jeep really isnt trail ready yet.

I need to get a new gas tank and skid before I hit any trails seeming that my tank is really bashed in. But I'll definetly be there to help out.

robz95xj said:
Sweet I'll be there and will catch a ride with you seeming my jeep really isnt trail ready yet.
I was under the impression we werent doing trail riding, but cleaning up notch road (it needs it desperately)
if we are going up trails, I will bring my Jeep, if not then I will bring my pickup truck...Mike can you clarify that??

Art Triggs said:
I was under the impression we werent doing trail riding, but cleaning up notch road (it needs it desperately)
if we are going up trails, I will bring my Jeep, if not then I will bring my pickup truck...Mike can you clarify that??

it all depends on how the day goes... the main intention is cleaning.. but there are places that we will need 4WD to get thru to clean... notch rd is an easy road but it remains to be seen how the spring rains eroded it.. the other road is alot more challenging and will need a few equiped rig to get the stuff out to the road... a truck would be more usefull and if we need to there are seats available if walking the length of a road is not appealing...

if the day goes well i fully intend to wheel somewhere when we are done...

I might through my rear seat dowm and through a tarp in the back to help carry stuff out. What do we do with all the trash? Is there a landfill that we bring it to? Will I get charged? Sorry about all the ?'s but I've never been to a cleanup and was just wondering.

we have an agrement with the mayor's office up there that they will pick up any refuse we bring to the foot of the mountain by the road.. and im working on getting a towing company to dispose of any old vehicles we can drag out a well, there is an old scout way up on the old farm that we might just leave there because its too far to drag it.. the trail head is a popular spot for locals to drop their stuff like appliances and roofing material. you will not be charged for anything.. i will e up there sunday working out final details..

Back