• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Went to the strip! Kind of... ok not really. WJ vs XJ!

I seem to remember a lack of evidence the last time we got into a cat/no cat discussion. Something tells me this wont be any different. WIth no proven numbers, I beat a WRX STi.

dyno results never did show up.

I got a buddy with a stock 4.6 mustang that beat, BEAT I tell you, a 2006 ZO6 camaro with a wet system and cams.... to help prove that point

Try READING. I know it's tough but it's worth it. As I already said, I had a one day opportunity to put it on the dyno for cheap but I ended up having a CIL come on and the jeep wasn't running very well so I didn't bother. And I'm by no means gunna go spend any considerable amount of money to prove to a bunch of ignorant morons that I got the most out of my mods.

What a bunch of liberal whiners. Seriously what is this an Al Gore convention?

I bet you could take every XJ that has ever been owned by all the members and users of NAXJA cut the cats out and the total amount of junk you would get out of the non-cat XJ's wouldn't fill a the cargo area of one in the total life-span of the Jeeps.

You guys need to quit listening to Eco-Mike and get a life.

Oh and for the record....I think Purple is a douche and I hate the fact that I have to defend him....since we are being honest.

What the hell? Sorry, but do I know you? Just curious as to where you based this opinion...

You really need to know what you're talking about before you post.

I have no CIL. None. Nor is it "still there".

Then don't put a louder muffler on your jeep. Problem solved. And just so you know, my exhaust is quieter than a FM40 and most other performance mufflers for that matter. Again, know what you're talking about before you comment on it.

WOW, I'm SOOO happy for you! When it turns into a jeep and has something to do with what we're talking about then let me know! And did I say anything about selling your XJ?

Ever heard of ozone? Obviously not. Everything has a byproduct, even if it's a "green" energy source. Including electricity. There is no perfect energy source out there. Over 70% of electricity is generated from "non-renewable" sources and pollutes the air. AGAIN, know what you're talking about before you talk. So like I said, go disconnect your house from the grid cause you're polluting the air and I wanna breathe!!! Haha, you jerk! :roflmao:
Usually when you remove a cat, the o2 sensor downstream will typically throw a code basically stating that the cat has poor performance (because it's not there). You can get O2 eliminators and it'll be gone. Maybe you didnt know that.

I had a magnaflow on my jeep for a while. It was straight through and not too loud. Obviously the best design for a muffler in my opinion but after a while I didnt want to deal with problems with the police / passing inspections. I do know what im talking about genius and have heard plenty of 4.0 exhausts over the years.

Ummm you said this "And if you're worried about polluting, sell your XJ. And every other ICE you own." I could have been reading wrong, but it looks like you told me to sell my XJ. Dunno.

Yup, I dont know anything about renewable energy (that's sarcastic). I won't even start this one.

No wonder why nobody likes you. Ignorance must be bliss.

And if I have to critique anything about your super duper flowing exhaust, nice short radius 90 degree bends after the muffler. :read:

Usually when you remove a cat, the o2 sensor downstream will typically throw a code basically stating that the cat has poor performance (because it's not there). You can get O2 eliminators and it'll be gone. Maybe you didnt know that.

Obviously I do know that seeing as how I have them. You said "...you should get a check engine light. Sure you can get rid of it and it doesnt affect performance of vehicle much but it's still there". No, it's not "still there".

And if I have to critique anything about your super duper flowing exhaust, nice short radius 90 degree bends after the muffler. :read:

By the time I bent the tailpipe over the axle it would be way more than 90 degrees... :read:

No wonder why nobody likes you. Ignorance must be bliss.

Awww nobody likes me!?!? :rattle: Damn I'm so upset seeing as how NOBODY here knows me :roflmao:. The only people that have expressed their disdain for me are the same morons who judge people that THEY DON'T KNOW. It's kinda like the "noisy moron" phenomena. There's just a handful of really dumb people that get on here and ridicule people because they don't agree with them or their jeep. Most of the sane people choose not to post up in this shit storm, it doesn't mean they're not out there. Gradon and XJ_Ranger are a good example.

And to answer your question Gradon, I have no idea. I was hopin you could tell me. Do I smell bad??

It'd go over smoothly, not such a sharp change in direction. And as far as you thinking you can get into the 15's. See the other threads on here as to what people actually get with their mods. Just because such and such magazine says say 8.2 seconds to 60 and 16.2 in the quarter (what motor trend says about jeeps stock) doesnt mean you'll get that too....Especially with your 5 speed (iirc) you could do for better or worse than with those auto's numbers.

You must not have caught the "private owner" thing in the link I put up. That means joe blow taking his jeep to the track and running a 15.93.

And about the "not such a sharp change in direction" thing, sorry, but that's not how that works.

And about the "not such a sharp change in direction" thing, sorry, but that's not how that works.

Try going 100 mph then taking a 90 degree turn and let us know how it goes for you. Its mass and it has weight, so it is governed by the same forces as everything else. Just because it is exhaust gas doesn't make it behave differently.

You must not have caught the "private owner" thing in the link I put up. That means joe blow taking his jeep to the track and running a 15.93.

Just saw the link now. I like that website a lot for info but vids or timeslips are the only way if it's from a private party.

I second what Talyn said about the fluids. A sharp turn like that will cause you backpressure...

party1:

Try going 100 mph then taking a 90 degree turn and let us know how it goes for you. Its mass and it has weight, so it is governed by the same forces as everything else. Just because it is exhaust gas doesn't make it behave differently.

Wow you're an idiot... sorry, but you are. Go learn.

Wow you're an idiot... sorry, but you are. Go learn.

No, exhaust gas is still a fluid and it is still governed by the same laws as any fluid. Just because there are other important topics in exhaust building like scavenging and back pressure (which it looks like you missed as well) does not mean you can disregard simple physics like if you shove something into a 90* turn it will have a negative effect on the flow.

You are the idiot. You have no clue towards anything you are talking about, your exhaust is crappy, you should put your cat back on, and your friend's 4.7 is a ragged out pos if it was beat by your XJ with that butchered exhaust.

And, yes, it is true, you are a huge tool.

From the horses mouth:
http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:aMRX3EhYRjAJ:www.epa.gov/compliance/resources/policies/civil/caa/mobile/exhsysrepair.pdf+%22catalytic+converter%22+%22federal+law%22+tamper+remove&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=5&client=firefox-a

Under federal law, catalytic converters may not be removed and replaced with "converter replacement pipes' by any person. The 1990 Clean Air Act Amendments even prohibit private individuals from installing "converter replacement pipes" on their own vehicles. Anyone who installs such pipes would violate section 203(a)(3)(A) and (B) of the Clean Air Act (Act).

In addition to federal law, forty-five out of the fifty States also have statutes or regulations which prohibit tampering or driving with the pollution control equipment on motor vehicles or selling such vehicles. Thus, vehicle owners who tamper with own vehicles may be subject to substantial penalties under both federal their and State law.

Purple-
How does it feel to choke on your own foot? It is NOT just an "infraction," it is a federal crime.

Last edited:
Congratulations. I'm really happy for you. But there's always somebody faster, and in case you can't read, I NEVER claimed to have the fastest, or even close to the fastest XJ out there, simply fast for the mods I've done. And if you're proud of the fact that your WJ with who knows what mods can beat my XJ then you sir, are an idiot.

I gave you the facts about using and not using a cat.

I will type this slow so you can read it. There is not a noticeable improvement to be felt by removing a PROPERLY functioning cat, period!

I could careless if you think your XJ is fast. I have owned over 20 X/MJs through the years and I also own a 4.7 WJ. Which has a K&N in the stock air box and a Flowmaster 50 Series muffler that replaced the stock one. All the rest of the WJ is factory stock, minus the lift and tires. A XJ can not and will not run with my WJ with your bolt on mods and poorly designed exhaust.

Now stop being a tard and listen to what has been said over and over again to you.

:peace:

purple...you are the stupidest member on this site.

please get rid of your xj and buy a honda and go troll the ricer forums...

you're the biggest tool on here. thanks for providing 30 minutes of entertainment with your stupid ass ideas.

Back