• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welder recommendations

xjrick94

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a dana 44 from an MJ and need to have the perches welded for an xj. Can you point me in the right direction to have this done? I also need to have a truss welded onto my d30. Both differentials are currently out getting geared and should be in the back of my truck tomorrow night.

Make sure you get someone who knows how to weld to cast iron and does it properly with nickel rod.

Don't let anyone tell you mig is fine on it either........

If you know your dimensions and pinion angles I can burn the perches in tomorrow night....I'm in la Mirada

Make sure you get someone who knows how to weld to cast iron and does it properly with nickel rod.

Don't let anyone tell you mig is fine on it either........

If you know your dimensions and pinion angles I can burn the perches in tomorrow night....I'm in la Mirada

I'm completely clueless. :confused: I'm not far from La Mirada either.

I'm completely clueless. :confused: I'm not far from La Mirada either.

I'm not.....been doing this for a while.

It will take me about 30 minutes to weld up that truss tomorrow if you are interested. We'll be in the garage anyhow working on a front 60 and an Honda AC

I'm not.....been doing this for a while.

It will take me about 30 minutes to weld up that truss tomorrow if you are interested. We'll be in the garage anyhow working on a front 60 and an Honda AC

I'm definitely interested! How late will you be there? I can have them both in the back of my truck and leave my place heading your way at around 6pm. If I'm not mistaken Mike had told me to contact you when I first bought this rear end. Avery right?

I really like my miller. ;)

Take it to avery, it'll be good.
Agreed about the cracker. And yes I like both of mine too.
:)

I even think I have some nickel rod too in one of the containers around here.

thanks guys.....I actually have all the equipment for nickel rod welding (my tig does AC stick) but I don't have the skills for nickel rod welding.....it is nothing like 7018 or similar when you weld with it. I always had Mr. Overkill come up from SD to do all of my nickel projects and just use my equipment.

cool see you tonight.

Sidewaysstarion will be there too.

It'll fold like a taco!

And stop interrupting Avery - he has axles to build! :laugh3:

David Bricker / SYR

Back