• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welder? Need a Job? Willing to relocate?

Boatwrench

NAXJA Forum User
The San Francisco Muni Railway has three vacancies for welders.

Go to this website scroll down to Class 7390 Welder for details about the requirements and the wage scale is also listed.

Go to this website to apply on line. On the left is a tab that is titled "opening" click here find the 7390 Welder tab and apply.

Good luck,
Tom

Last edited:
Sales tax 8.75%
87 octane gasoline $3.83 pr gl
Rent for a two bedroom town house in the city $2,500-$3K per month plus utilities

120 miles from the Rubicon....priceless

Dang, $31.00-$38.00 an hour. Cost of living must be crazy there.

A welder within the place I work is lucky to make 16 an hour.

Most expensive U.S. cities to live in:

#3-San Francisco, CA

Cost of Living Index: 164 (100 being average)

Metro Population: 4,218,534

Median Household Income: $74,876

Average Home Price: $808,481

A slightly higher median household income and lower utility expenses make the City by the Bay a bit more bearable budget-wise than New York or Honolulu -- but not by much. The average home price exceeds the national average by nearly $650,000. Rent averages $2,305 per month, nearly triple the national average. Gasoline prices are also burdensome: Regular unleaded gas, at $3.95 per gallon, costs about 26 cents more than the national average. The metropolitan area includes San Mateo and Redwood City.

http://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/cities-with-most-expensive-cost-of-living-2011/4.html#top

If you move from Anderson, SC to San Francisco, CA

Groceries will cost:
18% more

Housing will cost:
265% more

Utilities will cost:
7% less

Transportation will cost:
32% more

Healthcare will cost:
17% more

Anderson is the more populated area closest to where I live. The town I work in has 3 bedroom housing for 600 per month.

It said if I made 70K per year here then my comparible salary in SF would be 126k per year.

Sales tax 8.75%
87 octane gasoline $3.83 pr gl
Rent for a two bedroom town house in the city $2,500-$3K per month plus utilities

being labeled as a Cali-tard not a chance

FIFY

:moon:

It said if I made 70K per year here then my comparible salary in SF would be 126k per year.

Does Anderson have a transit system? What do believe the Chief Mechanical Officer, or the head maintenance guy make?

BTW: I do not make $126K annually.

Most expensive U.S. cities to live in:

#3-San Francisco, CA

Cost of Living Index: 164 (100 being average)

Metro Population: 4,218,534

Median Household Income: $74,876

Average Home Price: $808,481

A slightly higher median household income and lower utility expenses make the City by the Bay a bit more bearable budget-wise than New York or Honolulu -- but not by much. The average home price exceeds the national average by nearly $650,000. Rent averages $2,305 per month, nearly triple the national average. Gasoline prices are also burdensome: Regular unleaded gas, at $3.95 per gallon, costs about 26 cents more than the national average. The metropolitan area includes San Mateo and Redwood City.

http://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/cities-with-most-expensive-cost-of-living-2011/4.html#top

This is probably the reason they need welders. The old welders got smart and got the hell out of dodge. Lol.

Re: Welder? Pods or Feet?

from the description it looks like whoever gets 7390 - Welder is gonna be doing the thermite welding of rails, among other things. So jealous :flame:

Back