• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welder chicago

Dadselyk

NAXJA Forum User
I'm doing the 2x6 steel rock slider mod, and I'm looking for a welder in the Chicago suburbs. I have the old rockers cut out, and have the tubes cut at angles on the ends already. I just don't have the welding tools/experience to tackle the next step. I've called a few places, but seems it's a project that they aren't interested in. Anyone know of a company or person who may be interested?

Thanks

How do you plan on attaching the 2x6 on the underside? I'd suggest welding some angle to the body and the welding the rocker to the angle. How rusty is the Jeep? I may be able to help

Normal chicago rust. Most was on the rockers that were removed. I grinded the underneath and it looks good. Still looking for a welder. Did you know anyone. If so, send me a message. Thanks.

Have you tried contacting Ares Fab? They're in Gilberts IL and the only place around here I can think of. If you can't find anyone, I could do it for you, I just have a few projects on my own rig I need to get done first, so not sure when I'd be able to help.

I'm taking to a place called needham in kaneville tomorrow.
Depending on how much, hopefully I can get it done there. Otherwise,
Maybe I'll buy some welding stuff and give it a shot. I've seen the write ups, and I just drilled the holes in the sills today getting ready for spot welds on the top of the rocker (or 1 inch plate under the sill for added strength).i Just don't want my first welds to be on something attached to my jeep. If I can't figure anything out, tomorrow, I'll let you know.
I really appreciate the offer. Thanks

Back