• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend Run, anyone?

Lodi Jim

NAXJA Member # 1537
Rubicon, Barrett, Deer Valley,......Hollister maybe. Open to suggestions.
Have Fridaythe 27th to Monday the 30th off.

I'll be at Coyote for the weekend if anyone wants to join us. We're going in Thursday morning and coming out Sunday.

i should be there around 9-10am in a white 91, 35's, and 3 blue doors. also with me is my buddy in a blue yj, no fenders, 31's.

if you see us say hi or somethin.
hope to see ya down there.
-Shomsky

Shomsky462 said:
i should be there around 9-10am in a white 91, 35's, and 3 blue doors. also with me is my buddy in a blue yj, no fenders, 31's.

if you see us say hi or somethin.
hope to see ya down there.
-Shomsky
Got down there about 11. Didnt see anyone. Did you guys end up making it down there?

Pics will be up tomorrow.

Starboard M said:
Got down there about 11. Didnt see anyone. Did you guys end up making it down there?

Pics will be up tomorrow.

yeah.. about that... im an idiot and thought the 29th was a saturday...
i wanted to stay and leave sunday afternoon, but no one else wanted to so we left.
i have tons of pics, post those in a bit. but we had a great time. everything but my driverside mirror was unscathed.
-Shomsky

Hollister Hills 7-27-07

Me trying to cool off at the bottom of white rock
DSCN1128.jpg

The first difficult section of tank traps
DSCN1204.jpg

DSCN1203.jpg

Where i lost my mirror in no mans land

DSCN1207.jpg

Going into lower jungle
DSCN1177.jpg

DSCN1179.jpg

DSCN1181.jpg

Coming out of that little trail before you get to jungle (lower jungle?)
DSCN1193.jpg

DSCN1195.jpg

The little trail next to the quarry
DSCN1165.jpg

The hill on the quarry
DSCN1160.jpg

White rock (the furthest trail down)
DSCN1146.jpg

DSCN1147.jpg

and a really cool yota guy thats always at hollister and helped me verbally up that one section of tank traps. props to him and his rig. thanks buddy!

DSCN1202.jpg

This was an awesome trip for me. the only thing i broke was my driver side mirror in no mans land in tank traps but everything else was 100%. i never got stuck, never had to get strapped out or nothin. it was a very successful day and was very happy with the way my Jeep ran.

-Shomsky

Last edited:
Lodi Jim ended up heading out with our little group for a mini "Sierra Fest" this past weekend. We started at Slickrock at the Utica Res. end, headed over to Deer Valley, caught Strawberry Pass, and ended with Barrett Lake. If anyone has a chance to wheel with Lodi Jim, do not pass up the opportunity. He's a great guy - very generous, extremely helpful, patient, etc... nothing rattles that guy's cage :)

Here are a few pics:

Lodi Jim on Slickrock:
DSCF0728.jpg

Deer Valley:
DSCF0755.jpg

Barrett:
DSCF0867.jpg

DSCF0862.jpg

DSCF0858.jpg

DSCF0845.jpg

DSCF0840.jpg

DSCF0833.jpg

both trips looked like a ton of fun, wish i couldve made down to hollister with u guys

Here are some pics of Hollister. Should be getting some more later.

The toy that came with us:
P1010665.jpg

The two Jeeps
P1010663.jpg

Poser flex
P1010698.jpg

P1010701.jpg

My dad keeping up
P1010714.jpg

P1010724.jpg

P1010733.jpg

Finally more poser flex/testing bump stops.
P1010764.jpg

sweet pics man.
maybe next time ill look at the calendar and match the date to the day of the week... oh well

you guys run any trails?

Shomsky462 said:
sweet pics man.
maybe next time ill look at the calendar and match the date to the day of the week... oh well

you guys run any trails?
No worries.

We only ran rut because of my dad. Didnt want to leave him behind, and figured rut was easy enough.
Wanted to do tank traps, but oh well. Maybe next time.

Back