• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

That is cool. What are the details on the 2 blue ones? Yea motor transmission?

Both have the 300 ci inline six motors w/AC. The 1993 dark shadow blue metallic truck is a manual 4 speed 4x4. It has 3.55 gears and a limited slip differential.

The 1995 light blue cab/black bed truck is a 5-speed manual overdrive, 3.55 gears with LS.

It's hard to find anywhere that can help me figure out who built the transmissions and what the model number are. I'm pretty sure the t-case is a Borg Warner unit but really don't know much about it.

Can anyone recommend a Ford forum like NAXJA to help me figure these things out?

Both have the 300 ci inline six motors w/AC. The 1993 dark shadow blue metallic truck is a manual 4 speed 4x4. It has 3.55 gears and a limited slip differential.

The 1995 light blue cab/black bed truck is a 5-speed manual overdrive, 3.55 gears with LS.

It's hard to find anywhere that can help me figure out who built the transmissions and what the model number are. I'm pretty sure the t-case is a Borg Warner unit but really don't know much about it.

Can anyone recommend a Ford forum like NAXJA to help me figure these things out?

Maybe start here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/691447-1987-to-1996-tech-info.html

I post a lot on NC4x4.com now days. There are a lot of people over there that have a lot of knowledge like here and on a lot of different vehicles. The 5 speed is probably a ZF transmission. The 4 speed might be a T18. Is it granny geared?

Maybe start here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/691447-1987-to-1996-tech-info.html

I post a lot on NC4x4.com now days. There are a lot of people over there that have a lot of knowledge like here and on a lot of different vehicles. The 5 speed is probably a ZF transmission. The 4 speed might be a T18. Is it granny geared?

That's the forum I joined but it seems like I can't find the information I'm looking for.

The dark blue Ford will become Jack's first truck. And if he doesn't want it, I'll keep it for myself, haha!

That's the forum I joined but it seems like I can't find the information I'm looking for.

The dark blue Ford will become Jack's first truck. And if he doesn't want it, I'll keep it for myself, haha!

Nice. Message Lenny on FB. Hey knows the Fords well. Next step for me wound be NC4X4.com. There are a couple guys on there that know them too.

I spent Saturday morning getting some tires and wheels put together so I could move some vehicles around. Larry and I charged the battery on the 1998 Grand Cherokee that has been sitting over a year and it fired right up. I let it idle but the temps came up and went over 210* so I shut it down. I'm guessing the thermostat must be stuck. I moved the Grand, an International Travelall and a bunch of tires and rims around to make room in front of my shop for some new projects. I hauled off an old bbq grill and some bicycles too. I was worn out.

I know they aren't Jeeps but I had the opportunity to save these trucks from the scrapyard. I just had to haul them home. The dark blue truck is a 1993 XL 4.9L I6, 4 speed, 4x4. The light blue is a 1995 XLT 4.9L I6, 5 speed, 4x4.
b5b857768a31ca1070362bc3d776e574.jpg

1ef7ec2c710e1e514d4baf3275a334a5.jpg

548a9037644dcba39bdfbcfce4b5e02c.jpg

97d6ae8ce1af4553b5b1fa372660f43e.jpg

ac619c0290778edfa68cfa3586dc0549.jpg

Ed, you wanna sell one of those trucks? :laugh:

Ed, you wanna sell one of those trucks? :laugh:

Man, everyone wants them! It's crazy that so many people ask if they are for sale or if I decide to sell them, they want a chance to buy them. And to think they were going to scrap for parts.

Man, everyone wants them! It's crazy that so many people ask if they are for sale or if I decide to sell them, they want a chance to buy them. And to think they were going to scrap for parts.

Ford trucks especially 4x4 are wanted.

I've been working on my daily driver situation.

Back in May I got a 2005 Ford Escape that was neglected. I replaced the front tires, battery, filters, wipers, and headlights and began daily driving it. I really liked driving it and getting 25 mpg. The my daughters car crapped out and as usual, I let her have the 2005 Escape.
5c94db42307e7b08865eb5f2978d23f8.jpg

I then had to go back to driving my 1998 Ranger that has something wrong with it. It drives but just has some annoying issues and a misfire that comes and goes.

My Mom asked if I would like to get my Grandparents 2012 Ford Escape. Grandma passed in 2013 and Papa passed in 2018. This vehicle was the last new car they purchased. My Aunt and Uncle had been using it to run errands when in town. I am pretty excited to get this.

Some one punctured the fuel tank trying to steal fuel out of it, the tires are dry rotted and the battery needed to be replaced. So far, we have fixed the puncture, replaced the battery and have a set of tires lined up to be installed this week.

Guess how many miles are on it?
8c9fc30758a72b48734ae4221d2fb1ad.jpg

877a5892210a8d85be395fd5addd2768.jpg

Last edited:
A little higher than that.

31,750 original miles on an 11 year old vehicle.

It spent it's entire life parked.

I too DD the Mazda counterpart to the Escape. I bought it 1 year ago. A 2005 with at the time had 138,000 miles on it. It is everything a Ford Escape except the badges. 21 or 22 MPG on the highway at 75 MPH. It does have the V6 engine. It has been reliable to my great surprise. I replace all the fluids and front brakes first week. 2 months ago, the IAC was replaced.

My first Ford vehicle in 12 vehicles. It has its share of annoying quirks but keep right on going.

I've been working on my daily driver situation.

Back in May I got a 2005 Ford Escape that was neglected. I replaced the front tires, battery, filters, wipers, and headlights and began daily driving it. I really liked driving it and getting 25 mpg. The my daughters car crapped out and as usual, I let her have the 2005 Escape.
5c94db42307e7b08865eb5f2978d23f8.jpg

I then had to go back to driving my 1998 Ranger that has something wrong with it. It drives but just has some annoying issues and a misfire that comes and goes.

My Mom asked if I would like to get my Grandparents 2012 Ford Escape. Grandma passed in 2013 and Papa passed in 2018. This vehicle was the last new car they purchased. My Aunt and Uncle had been using it to run errands when in town. I am pretty excited to get this.

Some one punctured the fuel tank trying to steal fuel out of it, the tires are dry rotted and the battery needed to be replaced. So far, we have fixed the puncture, replaced the battery and have a set of tires lined up to be installed this week.

Guess how many miles are on it?
8c9fc30758a72b48734ae4221d2fb1ad.jpg

877a5892210a8d85be395fd5addd2768.jpg

Nice, Ed! From my experience, those Escapes are pretty good cars. I’ve worked on a few over the years, always minor stuff, and my papaw had one for years. It was reliable.

Nice, Ed! From my experience, those Escapes are pretty good cars. I’ve worked on a few over the years, always minor stuff, and my papaw had one for years. It was reliable.

I sure hope it will be a great daily driver. I need something comfortable that gets good gas mileage.

I would be more interested in the old Scout behind the Fords to have a toy to build again. That could be real fun to drive train swap it to get dependable power and fuel mileage. Throw some better axles under it with modest lift and good tires and trail that bad boy!

I would be more interested in the old Scout behind the Fords to have a toy to build again. That could be real fun to drive train swap it to get dependable power and fuel mileage. Throw some better axles under it with modest lift and good tires and trail that bad boy!

That is my 1973 International pickup dream truck. I always wanted a standard cab, short bed, 4x4 D-Series truck and since they are so hard to find, I decided to build one out of a lot of parts trucks I have.

You can read all about the build on BinderPlanet.com:

https://www.binderplanet.com/forums...ject-d-zaster-1973-ih-1110-4x4-pickup.137097/

It's been under construction for a looooooooong time (at least 8 years). Someday I'll get it done.

The Escape is on the road as of today. It's the nicest vehicle I've had to commute to work in a very long time.

The Escape is on the road as of today. It's the nicest vehicle I've had to commute to work in a very long time.

Awesome!

Ed, if you see any deals on trucks out your way, let me know. I’m in the market for one. Preferably a Dodge 3500 Cummins dually. I’d take a F-350 diesel as well.

Comparing apples to the lemons. Stick to your first choice, the Cummings. :)

Back