• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

lol, I part out Jeeps on the side. To pull a transmission I typically just pull the whole engine and transmission together and then separate them.

They payed a discounted price for the transmission because they were going to pull it rather than me. Naturally, I ended up helping. (I always do) They were under there trying to pull it.

I have an engine hoist that works pretty well with a snatch block and the winch on my Jeep to pull the whole driveline.

lol, I part out Jeeps on the side. To pull a transmission I typically just pull the whole engine and transmission together and then separate them.

They payed a discounted price for the transmission because they were going to pull it rather than me. Naturally, I ended up helping. (I always do) They were under there trying to pull it.

I have an engine hoist that works pretty well with a snatch block and the winch on my Jeep to pull the whole driveline.

Got it. I have pulled a few top side all attached like this and dropped a few from under and was trying to wrap my head around what you meant and how you used the witch.

Got a tag for the XJ, and finally discovered the cause of my camber issues (I think). Hopefully fixing my rear shock mounts this weekend

More back bumper progress... I hate fabricating quickly. Facing a move in >month I'm under the gun to get this thing wrapped up and tagged/inspected before going on the trailer. I am trying to finish as much as possible because it may be 6 months to a year before I get set up to tinker again.
916cf1bb3280134effd9f86969d27c06.jpg
af83ee6bdfb365fa10d7ad1fcfe5f777.jpg
1ff3d34399334b08f2ed77bb9efa9757.jpg
56eeca42dc902e23cd865c9aa10ff0d2.jpg

Thinking about buying some gas and having a bonfire.....using the '98 Grand as firewood.

I'll trade you some real wood for it - even up...

I'll trade you some real wood for it - even up...

I've got more than that in it. Maybe part it out if I get really pissed off about it.

I think NAXJA should add a ZJ forum so I can ask a bazillion questions and also share my solutions (if and when I find them).

What do you need done Ed? I've been all over mine in the last 17 years.

I'm going to try and get the front back together so I can pull the rear driveshaft.

Unfortunately I think it's transmission related. I hope it isn't but we found several signs late yesterday afternoon that point that direction.

I'm going to try and get the front back together so I can pull the rear driveshaft.

Unfortunately I think it's transmission related. I hope it isn't but we found several signs late yesterday afternoon that point that direction.

Ok I'm having a hard time understanding how something bad in the transmission is causing vibrations...... The 98 still has a bouncy feel to it and I have yet to figure that out too......

Something is either wrong with the torque converter or the 4th gear solenoid. If you google it, it comes up so it sounds like a possibility.

Something is either wrong with the torque converter or the 4th gear solenoid. If you google it, it comes up so it sounds like a possibility.

Interesting. :cheers:

Went to Aiken to be with family as we laid to rest my Great Uncle. He and my Dad were very close. Dad gave his eulogy Saturday at the funeral. He had a full Navy Military Funeral. Folded the flag, shot the guns and played taps. He was 93 and a 20 year Navy Veteran. He was on the USS Wasp when it was torpedoed off Guadalcanal during WWII. He was referred to a "swim away" survivor. I found this today when looking at stuff on the Wasp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWJbcg0Bkww

Went to Aiken to be with family as we laid to rest my Great Uncle. He and my Dad were very close. Dad gave his eulogy Saturday at the funeral. He had a full Navy Military Funeral. Folded the flag, shot the guns and played taps. He was 93 and a 20 year Navy Veteran. He was on the USS Wasp when it was torpedoed off Guadalcanal during WWII. He was referred to a "swim away" survivor. I found this today when looking at stuff on the Wasp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWJbcg0Bkww
Tough man but great ceremony. We did that for my grandfather. WWII army.

Went up to Boone to celebrate my best friend from high school's birthday. Took the XJ down Richland Rd, which was an absolute blast. I'm more than pleased with how it's performing. I need rear bumpstops bad though!

Back