• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Three letters. RCV. Even if they let go they will not take the knuckle/ball joints out.
I would consider it, but a thousand bucks isn't something I can stomach.

I picked up a ford kingpin dana 60 for 150 bucks dropped into the bed of my truck for me, and got a locker for it from a friend of mine for way too cheap, so after another few hundred in parts, it's going in eventually.

Also got a ford e350 dana 60-1su rear with factory discs and dana 70 size tubes and outers for $130.

Basically I'm saying I am going to pour thousands of dollars into my turd over the next year or two :wierd:

Damn. That's what I didn't want to hear. Lol it seems pricey as a park/ weekend but looks pretty cool. I'm gonna try and get a trailer and be there March 7-8th.

I Might be able to throw the funds together to drag the comanche out there.... Big maybe with the job switch but id like to get back out there soon

I really hate my life right now. I'm the stupid poor college kid who doesn't have enough money to build his Jeep and go wheeling lol.

I've been that guy for almost 6 years now.... Honestly the truck and trailer keeps cost down, I took a semester off just to work up extra cash.

The truck is cheap and the trailer is paid for. It's a lot cheaper to maintain toys that don't have to serve as good drivers.

It's the cheapest way for me to get my fix :D

Flew to California Tuesday morning, worked on a jobsite that day, then took the red eye home Tuesday night to try and stay ahead of the storm. Got home about 7:30 Wednesday morning and slept (read: passed out) for a couple hours, and woke up to see the snow had started. Flipped on the news and things were getting bad in a hurry, so decided not to go into the office. Good thing as most people were leaving at about that time, against the owners demands (prick wanted everybody to stay until 5 knowing damn well things were getting bad in a hurry).

Got a call from a coworker Wednesday afternoon that he needed a ride home because he wrecked his M3 trying to get home from work. Slid into a curb and ripped the control arm off on the left front. Went and picked him up from the side of the road and brought him home, then did some venturing around on my own. Met up with some friends and went sledding until about midnight this morning. Brought back memories of the snow storms we'd get when I was a kid.

Owner of the company wanted everybody in today, with the roads in bad shape. I wasn't going to go in until I was told that if I stayed home today i'd be expected to come in Saturday to make it up. Since i've already done my fair share of weekend work for the company as of late, I said hell no and ventured in. Picked up my boss and the now M3-less coworker on my way in. Started snowing hard not long after I left the house, and with picking up two people who are on the way, it took almost 2 hours to go the 20 miles that is my commute.

Snapped a few pics on the way in, these two came out the best:

20140213_102702_zpsaec0e901.jpg

IMG_20140213_151342_zpse004eb88.jpg

Measured 8-9" of snow at my house. Would have been more but most of what fell last night and overnight was sleet.

I got my Yukon Zip locker in, compressor wired and the air line plumbed. Guess I'll have to give her a try in tomorrow's snow.....or a local snow pile! :D

Flew to California Tuesday morning, worked on a jobsite that day, then took the red eye home Tuesday night to try and stay ahead of the storm. Got home about 7:30 Wednesday morning and slept (read: passed out) for a couple hours, and woke up to see the snow had started. Flipped on the news and things were getting bad in a hurry, so decided not to go into the office. Good thing as most people were leaving at about that time, against the owners demands (prick wanted everybody to stay until 5 knowing damn well things were getting bad in a hurry).

Got a call from a coworker Wednesday afternoon that he needed a ride home because he wrecked his M3 trying to get home from work. Slid into a curb and ripped the control arm off on the left front. Went and picked him up from the side of the road and brought him home, then did some venturing around on my own. Met up with some friends and went sledding until about midnight this morning. Brought back memories of the snow storms we'd get when I was a kid.

Owner of the company wanted everybody in today, with the roads in bad shape. I wasn't going to go in until I was told that if I stayed home today i'd be expected to come in Saturday to make it up. Since i've already done my fair share of weekend work for the company as of late, I said hell no and ventured in. Picked up my boss and the now M3-less coworker on my way in. Started snowing hard not long after I left the house, and with picking up two people who are on the way, it took almost 2 hours to go the 20 miles that is my commute.

Snapped a few pics on the way in, these two came out the best:

20140213_102702_zpsaec0e901.jpg

IMG_20140213_151342_zpse004eb88.jpg

Measured 8-9" of snow at my house. Would have been more but most of what fell last night and overnight was sleet.

Now let me get this straight. The boss demanded everyone come into work but couldn't even drive his own butt in but instead had you pick him up? WTF? How does that work?

Now let me get this straight. The boss demanded everyone come into work but couldn't even drive his own butt in but instead had you pick him up? WTF? How does that work?

Owner(s) of the company demanded. My Supervisor/Boss has a GTO that doesn't do a damn thing in the snow and asked if I could bring him in. He offered to pay me but I told him just remember this in the future when I need to leave early one day for something. He did take care of lunch today once we finally found a place that was open.

I have to pick him up again tomorrow.

We had fun riding around in the snow. I helped a couple of people out that were having issues. Nothing feels better than being the first one up a hill that no one else in the neighborhood has been able to make it up. I also felt good after finding out that both people I helped......were from up north. :D

Then it was back to the real world today. Went to work. Got there at 7:00 AM and there were only 4-5 other guys there. Now I have to decide whether I want to burn a vacation day for yesterday when I laid out to have fun, or just go in Saturday to make up my 8 hours.

EDIT: Holy crap that's a LOT of snow, xjtrailrider!

Last edited:
Back