• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

put together a power wheels jeep hurricane.... and its rained everyday since so we havent gotten to let the boys test it out....

Heck yeah, first day I brough home the boy's jeep they rolled it. Now I'm building them a buggy. Needless to say I was a proud poppa.
I installed the electric motors and wiring from the Harley motorcycle power wheel, the one with the Boost button, onto my sons one seater CJ power wheel. It went from a 6v sys to a 12v sys. That thing flies and now he never gets stuck. Then I built him a little rock garden. I wish I had one of these when I was a kid. I had a metal car 'leg powered'.

Last two nights I have:
Removed front sway bar
Installed front spacers (2" spacers= 1 3/4" of actual lift)
Fixed the ignition safety cable on the steering column (cylinder wouldn't return to lock)
Started the install of the shackle relocation brakets. (Looks like those will be giving me about an 1" of lift)
I plan on grabbing a set of ranger shackles to level things out.
Also finally replaced by battery clamps and upgraded to 4ga wire for all wires from the battery. (Ground, distro/fuse box, and starter)

Battery.jpg

Last two nights I have:
Removed front sway bar
Installed front spacers (2" spacers= 1 3/4" of actual lift)
Fixed the ignition safety cable on the steering column (cylinder wouldn't return to lock)
Started the install of the shackle relocation brakets. (Looks like those will be giving me about an 1" of lift)
I plan on grabbing a set of ranger shackles to level things out.
Also finally replaced by battery clamps and upgraded to 4ga wire for all wires from the battery. (Ground, distro/fuse box, and starter)

are those marine terminals? where'd you get em?

They are from Hooker Audio. You can pick up a set a Hifi Buys if you'd like. They are aluminum and be carefull of the allen set screw. I have seen a few guys tighten it down to hard and snap of that center tension tab. After cleaning up the garage I found them in my left over supplies from my audio days and threw them on along with the wire upgrade and terminals. You've got to love Freebies.

They are from Hooker Audio. You can pick up a set a Hifi Buys if you'd like. They are aluminum and be carefull of the allen set screw. I have seen a few guys tighten it down to hard and snap of that center tension tab. After cleaning up the garage I found them in my left over supplies from my audio days and threw them on along with the wire upgrade and terminals. You've got to love Freebies.

nice dude. for the battery cable upgrades, did you use a certain type of wire? or does it matter?

I used left over JL Audio brand 4AWG. We have done that on a countless number of customer rides in the past and they continue to do it today. I bet you have some left over from your amp install that would work just fine. I plan on going back and upgrading the cables for the alternator later. It was getting late last night so I just stuck to the battery wiring. The heep starts a bit quicker now also.

cool, thanks for the info. Its on my to-do list to upgrade all the power/ground wires, just wasnt sure if you needed a special type. Ive got PLENTY of 4guage since i bought an intsall kit with a ton in it. already changed my plans for my amp rack. im going with a false floor right behind the rear seats to hide all the audio stuff. sub box will sit right on top of that.

Sweet, I was thinking you'd be losing alot of cargo room with the original plan. If you want any help on it just give me a shout. Also if you need anything like some short RCA's, adaptors, distro blocks, etc. check with me. I have a couple of boxes of that stuff in the garage.

cool...will do. its all wired up and everything is working good, just need to add my tweeters up front and connect the wires. think the game plan is to be about 1 foot deep, and 3.5-4 inches tall (stupid tall capacitor haha). using mdf, securely mounted, and put a cover over it carpeted in gray. does hi-fi sell carpet? with it mounted there, you will only have 2 wires coming out of it (for the sub), and you wont see the wires going in(from underneath). also, will still be able to put the seats down and carry crap with out worrying about my amps.

i may enlist ur help if i have trouble...its a pretty basic install though.

Yeah Hifi will sell it to you by the yard I think. If you go by ask to talk to Scott or Lee and tell them I sent you.

A tip to get the height down is to make where you cab will be mounted and either use a die grinder and make a valley for the cap to lay in or just take a jig saw and cut it out. So lets say you are mounting everything on a 3/4" piece of MDF, by making that recess on the back side for the cap you have just dropped your required height. Just an idea.

Well since I finished up exams yesterday..I guess my weekend started last night :D

Went out to celebrate the end of exams and the semester with a bunch of people last night. Hangin out today and either going up to the parents tonight or tomorrow morning to get some things ready for our vacation to the NE next week.

took my last exam today so weekend starts..... now!
other than that i relieved the waggy of its 242 tcase and replaced it with a 231 and sye... i also learned the transmission fluid makes a great hair conditioner :wow:

other than that i relieved the waggy of its 242 tcase and replaced it with a 231 and sye... i also learned the transmission fluid makes a great hair conditioner :wow:
Oh the women love the smell! Been there, done that.

Makes a great antisieze too!

Breakfast with the GF early, drove up to the parents house to cut the grass, finish packing, and get the truck cleaned up and ready for the trip. Off to DC tomorrow for a couple of days..then over to Delaware, NJ, and NYC for the rest of the week.

Back