• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water-Methanol injection?

Interesting...
Just finished reading the instrucions for the AEM injection kit and they recommend the injector to be upstream from the TB, not downstream as I would have thought. Learn something new every day. Good thing I read it as I was thinking of using my "spare" injector already in the compressor intake manifold.

Guess not.

Not sure I care for the $400+ price tag either...

What do you suppose would happen if I ran my 4 stroke model aircraft engine fuel? It contains 15% of 99.7% pure nitromethane in a castor oil base. Not much in the way of cooling...

Really? I wouldn't want to do that in colder climates - ever hear of "carburettor icing?" As a pilot, I learned it was something to be avoided...

I think I usually used a vacuum port added to the carburettor base - which not only kept the throttle blades clear, but allowed me to eliminate the need for a pump.

Speaking of - I presume these kits mentioned then do come with low-pressure pumps for water/MeOH delivery?

A friend of mine in tech school used to have a GMC Syclone, we used aquamist system. Works great.

Back