• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted: your broken NP231

kastein

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Must be complete, don't care if it's 21 or 23 spline, don't care if it's 95 down or 96 up style rear output, don't care if the chain is stretched or the gears are trashed or the case is cracked or anything else... The shift forks and cam need to be in good shape, though.

let me know what you want in trade/for payment. I have a stack of good drivetrain parts around to trade, no complete units but plenty of bits and pieces to fix yours.

I have 1

Gonna be up this way anytime soon? Going to NACFest? I'm not really in a hurry on this one.

It probably is not worth shipping but if I make NACFest/you end up up this way, what would you want for it?

I might have one for you ken. out of that wrangler im "rebuilding" I know the chick bought a new one. so stands to reason she has the old one. If I can get it you can have it for free. might even work too.

I still have the one from my 4-cyl '94 YJ donor. It's probably a good take-out. Find me something cool to trade for it and it's yours.

I might also just have some good shift forks etc laying around. I'll see if I can snap a pic of my 231 graveyard.

Gonna be up this way anytime soon? Going to NACFest? I'm not really in a hurry on this one.

It probably is not worth shipping but if I make NACFest/you end up up this way, what would you want for it?

I can bring to Nac Fest

Unfortunately I do need it to be a Jeep case.

Keith, if I don't have one lined up by NACFest I'm definitely interested.

Chris, name something you want. I don't know what you consider cool :laugh2:

Stefan, if you end up with it, I'm definitely interested especially if you can drag it with you to Camp UJ. No worries if you don't get it or it ends up being in perfect shape and you decide to sell.

Ken, i seem to remember that the 231 had different shaft/fork assemblies. I had a tough time finding a replacement for Gary's 87 vintage YJ 231.. got a pic?

I'll check and see if i can help.. i hope i havent scrapped my old 231 stuff.

Crap... I will have to check what year ranges fit. The more you know...

well it turns out her front drive shaft pol vaulted the tcase into oblivion. they never even found it at the crash site. all thats left is the planetary front of it. so no go ken. sorry.

Wow! That's a hell of a failure.

If the planetary front half and the shifter linkage cam stuff is still there, that might actually be enough, but probably not. Thanks though!

Wow! That's a hell of a failure.

If the planetary front half and the shifter linkage cam stuff is still there, that might actually be enough, but probably not. Thanks though!

I think they have the forks in a bucket. but I dont think the cam is there.

I really have to start taking pics of all this stuff.

Back