• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted to show it off

Here is where I am now.

DSCF2609.jpg

DSCF2608.jpg

DSCF2613.jpg

DSCF2612.jpg

DSCF2611.jpg

DSCF2610.jpg

Lookin good Sam. I'm always right behind ya, I just upgraded to some 36 sx's, and I'm thinking of doing a bit of chopping myself. Maybe not as extensive as you, but sort of like a truck rear end. I busted both rear pieces of glass, so I might as well, right?

Here is some more pics.

It is hard to see but I added the rear top cross bar and two bars that form a V from the center top bar.
DSCF2614.jpg

Hard to see in this pic. but there is a bar from the hoop that goes around the box going down to a 3/16ths plate I have bolted over the rear spring box. I haven't tied the front ones into the frame yet.

DSCF2615.jpg

I have got the two front seats in on sliders and will post pics of that later. I am going to work on the rear bucket seats and add some more cross bars behind each of the front and rear seats for more support and a place to anchor some harnesses. I still have to then tie in the plates over the front leaf spring mounts and support the long span that goes over the rear tire.

DSCF2616.jpg

Any other pointers would be nice in case I am missing something.

Last edited:
afd516 said:
Any other pointers would be nice in case I am missing something.

Something's missing...seats! :laugh:

It looks pretty good. Are you planning on sheeting up any inner wheel wells or anything like that, or is this thing pretty much always in the dry? Other than that, if I were to do something like that I would strongly consider doing some form of boatside flat plate between your rockers and the bottom of the "frame"

There will be no fender wells. If you want to ride in it you will have to deal with the mud, weather or whatever else goes along with wheelin. I plan on doing a t and t long arm that comes with the frame stiffener. That is when I plan on doing some type of plate from the frame rail to the rocker. I know I don't need a frame stiffener but it gives me a good place to weld to and will strengthen up the frame itself nicely, instead of it getting gouged by the rocks.

Actually, the neighbors across the street are renting. The do not want to move till next year so they are hoping it won't sell. It is funny though, anytime someone come to look at the house, I am out there making all kinds of racket (compressor, grinder, chop saw, etc.) So, my neighbors are cool with it as long as they don't have to move yet.

All my other neighbors are cool to. They always come over and ask my for help on little stuff. It is a fair trade off.

I have more pics, I just have not had time to post them. Will do soon.

I have very little work left to do but that will have to wait until I get back from Trees Ranch this weekend. I am ready to test her out. :scared: :lol:

Here is the filler hose tucked away.
DSCF2716.jpg

The rear seat mounting

DSCF2713.jpg

DSCF2715.jpg

Front seats on sliders

DSCF2712.jpg

Here are some random pics

DSCF2718.jpg

DSCF2711.jpg

DSCF2719.jpg

And one performance mod, I added BrettM's controller and mounted the joystick in the dash.

DSCF2717.jpg

I have a few pieces of tube here and there to add but for the most part I am done. The remaining tube is mainly for the shoulder belts. Those will be done before my next trip. I don't plan on rolling it this weekend. I am not ready to test out the cage.

I have very little work left to do but that will have to wait until I get back from Trees Ranch this weekend. I am ready to test her out. :scared:

Here is the filler hose tucked away.
DSCF2716.jpg

The rear seat mounting

DSCF2713.jpg

DSCF2715.jpg

Front seats on sliders

DSCF2712.jpg

Here are some random pics

DSCF2718.jpg

DSCF2711.jpg

DSCF2719.jpg

And one performance mod, I added BrettM's controller and mounted the joystick in the dash.

DSCF2717.jpg

I have a few pieces of tube here and there to add but for the most part I am done. The remaining tube is mainly for the shoulder belts. Those will be done before my next trip. I don't plan on rolling it this weekend. I am not ready to test out the cage.

That is starting to look sweet! I don't think you could get away with that here, way too much rain and cold temps

Forecast calls for rain this weekend down in the hillcountry of Texas, where Trees Ranch is. Good thing I can still put the doors on, but the rear passengers will be screwed!!:looser:

I ended up trashing all the work I did on my cage at Trees Ranch. I finished the cage enough to where the unibody frame would be supported but not the cage itself should I roll it. I planned on finishing it after my rub to Tress. Sure enough I rolled it.

I did an endo and landed on my lid then did a 1.5 barrel roll. I took out the cage and a passenger front tire bead. We set the tire and I finished the weekend.

When I got back, I cut off all my new cage and built a new cage, again. This time it is complete.

DSCF2831.jpg

DSCF2832.jpg

DSCF2834.jpg

DSCF2839.jpg

Last edited:
DSCF2717.jpg

is that high/low plate from a video game??? i cant remember what one but i want to say like pole position or something..... lookin good man :D

You need to add some support to the circled areas. If you where to roll that hard the top part of the cage could push down do to the lack of support. See what I'm talking about?

DSCF2832.jpg

It would also be a good idea to put some sort of roof over the passenger area. So someone couldn't inadvertently put there hand on the cage and get there fingers crushed.

Last edited:
Back