• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted: AC Compressor & Parts for '88

Ed A. Stevens

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Been awhile, and working on my '88. I need an AC Compressor and liquid receiver. Spare or whatever.

In Long Beach. I can pick up as needed.

R12 system.

I have spare R12 and R134a, either works. I converted the system to use R134a years ago. R134a works almost as well, but the POE oil can absorb more moisture and cause other issues. I have enough R12 to run mineral oil and cool for another decade.

The front (head) gasket on my compressor is gone, and the liquid receiver leaks. I am looking for something to replace what I have and rebuild if I run into problems.

The AC is one of the few systems that needs attention.

wow.....blast from the past

Thank you.

I have been lurking, and still have my 88 two door. Its been hiding in the desert, used for driver training and shuttling to and from the remote shooting range on dirt trails. My son is 15, and is preparing it for street use. New bushings, brakes, a lot of cleaning, and fixing the AC is on the list.

Lockers and swampers are not real pavement friendly. If he gets the AC fixed it is motivation to swap some more streetwise tires and ease mom's fear of him drifting on 33's in the rain.

I am being selfish as I will need AC when riding navigator, and getting chauffeured over trails.

Thank you.

I have been lurking, and still have my 88 two door. Its been hiding in the desert, used for driver training and shuttling to and from the remote shooting range on dirt trails. My son is 15, and is preparing it for street use. New bushings, brakes, a lot of cleaning, and fixing the AC is on the list.

Lockers and swampers are not real pavement friendly. If he gets the AC fixed it is motivation to swap some more streetwise tires and ease mom's fear of him drifting on 33's in the rain.

I am being selfish as I will need AC when riding navigator, and getting chauffeured over trails.

Good deal :)

Got it covered. Do you ever hit downtown?

20160808182246-58fbc5c8-la.jpg

That is the one.

I am still in LB. I am seldom downtown LA. Practicing retirement takes up my free time.

I still have an old number for you & will call.

wow.....blast from the past
Without a lot of room to talk, that's what I was thinking.

Good to see yer still breathing Ed!

Back