• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted 2000 242 t-case

Terry

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a 242 (Full time Part time) transfer case for a 2000 XJ. The one I bought on line from a salvage yard back east was off a 95 he said would work has a pressed in bushing inside the input coupling and wont fit all the way into the transmission output shaft. I dont have time to take both t-case apart and swap out the input coupling. Any ideas? Thanks Terry (Terrokee).

I have a 242 but I have absolutely no idea what year model it is. Can you give me measurements so I can check?

Tom thanks for the reply. I may of got the problem solved. I talked to the Manger of the salvage yard I got the wrong t-case from and he said he would send me the correct one. The one he sent was off a 95 grand cherokee and It wont fit. It needs to be a 98 and newer t-case off a XJ. The spline count has to be 23 also. All the cherokees I buy a year and work on I learn something new all the time. Terry

Back