• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want: lift shackles , longer sway bar links, stock xmmeber

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
For a buddy in Oakdale, looking to buy :

lift shackles (3/4" - 1.5")
Extended sway bar links(or quick discos) for the front of an XJ
Stock trans cross member or after market
YJ slip yoke

I may have some jk sway bar links floating around that are longer than stock xj. I will take a look later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have some jk sway bar links floating around that are longer than stock xj. I will take a look later

Awesome!
Let me know.

2" is probably too much. Lookong for .75"-1"

early-00 F150 shackles should work.

for .75"-1"? really? never heard that

yeah just read on them now. They are 1.5" longer , which is about .75" lift. Looking at that, I might just tell him to buy 1" boomerangs and call it good.

Yup I'm using some from a Silverado, I forgot what year but I'll double check at home. They give about .75 to an inch lift. I did have to trim the bushing and the eyelet just a bit so it could fit in bracket and used lock washers on the spring side. No issues whatsoever.

Some MJ owners use them, since OE MJ shackles are spendy/hard to find.
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/DOE0/722001.oap?ck=Search_722-001_-1_-1&keyword=722-001
Dorman makes aftermarket version of the Ford part.
Or, I could see how much I can get a pair from work.

yeah just read on them now. They are 1.5" longer , which is about .75" lift. Looking at that, I might just tell him to buy 1" boomerangs and call it good.

25$ for the pair?
thats so cheap...
or is that only for one side?

whats the difference between the DORMAN 722019 and 722001?

Last edited:
Probably one only. I just googled the Ford PN and that came up. 50$/pair isn't bad. IIRC, when I looked, my price on the OE Ford shackles was about the same as the dorman +/- a few $

Back