• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walker Valley Jan 21st

Got home @ 8pm. Ran up & down trail while the toyota's were licking their wounds !! Then got stuck (more like buried!!) Had to self recover due to inadequate help on scene. But it was so damn fun! Eventually got everyone out & made it home safely. My rig now looks like it was Rhinolined by Ray Charles & Stevie wonder in brown of course. Can't wait to go again. There is a night & day difference between going with people with capable rigs & good driving skill & those who may lack a little common knowledge. You guys at NAXJA are the best group of guys I have ever wheeled with & I look forward to doing it again. See ya all soon!! & Thanx for letting me tag along.

Blkxjkrawler said:
No problem Tim, thank you for your good memory! There will definately be another run up there in the near future. Especially since they are going to be clear cutting the section of lower mainline we came down today this spring/summer :mad:

Spotty memory at best but it worked out.

I will need to get back there then, the lower mainline is a great trail. Even better going up.

Megawatt said:
Hey Tim! Sorry I missed you guys. Couldn't make it down for Sunday.

I managed to get really stuck on Saturday though.

Next time, next time...

Well that sucks about Matt's camera. Not to upset about the missing "evidence" ;)

It sounds like you ran the same trail from the same direction? How was the rest of it?

If Matt wants to swing by and drop off the camera/memory card, I've got some recovery tools I can try...unless the camera was so buggered it didn't actually take the pics.

:dunno:

Megawatt said:
Well that sucks about Matt's camera. Not to upset about the missing "evidence" ;)

It sounds like you ran the same trail from the same direction? How was the rest of it?

We actually ran it in the opposite direction so we came down it. it was a blast and strangley enough there was a toyota on 35 toyo mt's REALLY stuck in a very familiar hole when we got to the bottom

ECKSJAY said:
If Matt wants to swing by and drop off the camera/memory card, I've got some recovery tools I can try...unless the camera was so buggered it didn't actually take the pics.

:dunno:

It took pictures but late in the afternoon it just locked up and wouldnt do anything and said there was no data on the mem card or the internal memory. I think he and Ian are working on getting into it.

Blkxjkrawler said:
It took pictures but late in the afternoon it just locked up and wouldnt do anything and said there was no data on the mem card or the internal memory. I think he and Ian are working on getting into it.

UGH. I wonder if there's a firmware upgrade for it. :(

:hang:

Really great guys! I have a whole new appreciation for Walker. The trails are the equal of almost anything I've wheeled at Evans, Naches or TSF, and that's including Little Rubicon.

Stay tuned for a March Mudfest that Ryan and I will likely be throwing together.

As to the camera, I think the memory card just took a dump. I've hooked it up to my computer and it shows nothing on the card, and it won't accept any new pics either. I'm really pissed because there were some REALLY cool shots from this weekend, and some awesome videos of us (Tim, Ian, and myself) going up the rock face on Expressway.

I'll be happy to let you take a look at it if you think you can make any progress, Phil. I might drop by this afternoon.

Anyway, one of the best wheeling/socializing weekends I can remember. And we logged 56 hours with the Dept of Natural Resources at the Walker clean-up on Saturday! :)

-----Matt-----

ive got some pics that i will load up tomarrow, including the "evidence"...

walker1.jpg

Back