• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

waggy dana44 drive slug to man hub

great-white

NAXJA Forum User
like the title says, i have a 86 fsj waggy narrow track dana 44 that im swapping into my xj. i wana spool the front an replace the drive slugs with manual locking hubs, i heard this was a simple swap, an to just buy locking hubs an they will bolt right in. i yahooed it an cant seem to find any write ups on what i need to remove/replace to make everything work.

so i figure some 1 on here has prob replaced drive slugs with man hubs so you could lend me a hand by posting a write up on how its done?
thanks

Hey there I just did this swap with warn hubs. I went to the junk yard and pulled everything out of a 79 f250 with a dana 44. All you need is the spring, drive slug for the new hubs, axle retaining clip, inner hub assembly and the hub. There is a large retaining ring that holds the inner hub in. just make sure you put the slugs in the correct way. I dont have pics at the moment.

step 1: buy new hubs
step 2: replace slugs with hubs

just a couple clips and 6 allen bolts

the only blown warn hub i have had was the result of one snapped outer shaft (out of 5 snapped outers, a couple inners a u joint or 2 and a broken detroit) guess ive been lucky

"replace slugs with hubs"

i'm putting a waggy dana44 in mine as well.
could you explain the replace slugs with hubs? is that something
you need from a junkyard?

btw:i'm putting in a pass drop with a dana300, not sure if that changes anything.

basically, after i buy new warn hubs is there something i need from a junk yard to make it work?

Nothing special needed.
I did this about 8 years ago with my Waggy 44.
I bought the hubs I needed(went to the WARN website to figure that out)and removed the big silver cap and everything down
to the big threaded nut that has 4 notches in it. They stay!!!
I placed the parts in the hub assembly and used an allen wrench to tighten the 6 allen screws to hold the hub in place.
It's really that easy!!!!
Stukboy

Back