• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vinyl Graphics - printer/cutter

Grant

NAXJA Lifetime Member
NAXJA Member
Anyone have experience with vinyl printers/cutters?

We run a small race team that competes under a few different sanctioning bodies. Until now we have mainly used decals on magnetic backing. This has been fine but our decal package has grown and is now almost 20 lbs worth of decals.

so the decision has been made to go with vinyl decals, but the cost is crazy. 2003 we spent almost $1K on decals and signs. I am looking into my own vinyl printer/cutter.

all our decals with a few minor exceptions can be in a single color. My thoughts are to scan the existing decals and then cut them out of a single contrasting color of vinyl. Nothing large, our large 4 color decals will still be done by our sign writers.

Best price for a very basic cutter runs almost $1000 and I would still need a software program, also about $1000.

Any other solutions or suggestions?

Grant

There was a guy in the Member's section about a week ago that posted saying something about being able to make his own...might want to check him out.

Thanks juice, but I'm looking for info on the actual printers and cutters. Vinyl places are a dime a dozen on the net and they cannot come close to what our sign writer charges.

My problem is I need to have at least 100 decals made during the season, of many various designs, and that adds up to the cost of the printer and software and I could be doing my own graphics.

Back