• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibration through steering wheel is killing me! Need Opinions

Wow, this thread has been running for 3 months! We know its not your front driveshaft because you removed it and it still vibrated.

Get a couple of friends and have them start rocking the Jeep by pushing on the front fenders side to side. Get under the front-end and start looking for play in the trackbar, steering stabilizer, tie-rod ends etc... Something is moving. I once had to replace all of bolts for the control arms, steering stab, etc... because the mud had necked them all down to the point where there was play in the front-end.

Good Luck!

bluebullet6 said:
New developments... I have a knock on or near the front right tire about 50% of the time on my slow left hand turns, only 1 knock, not knocking.

I read this WHOLE thread. The only thing that comes to mind is the tranny mount, motor mounts.

My tranny mount was worn down to the point where my exhaust would knock on the crossmember. The exhaust us attached to the tranny... It's worth looking at if you still haven't figured out your problem. I had some vibes I couldn't figure out as well when this happened.

I would recomend replacing them all at the same time (2 motor, 1 tranny) because if one of them goes bad, the other two are soon to follow.

Good luck.
Jeep on!

edited to fix quote tags...

Back