• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Viair v. Quickair

I bought the Puma, but instead f the DC, I got the AC. I wanted something I could use around the house too, and liked the idea of having it portable. I ran a 2000 watt power inverter in the back of the Jeep, since I figured it would be nice to run the compressor or some other electrical stuff if desired.

I've had a few issues with it from day one, and kind of bummed it hasn't worked out that well. The initial pressure switch on it broke, so I had to put a new one on. It sometimes has a hard time strting, like there is too much back pressure on the system. I went to put another valve on, but the fittings are awkward sizes, so I eventually kind of gave up on it.

I just bought one of the Tsunami compressors (V-50) from Pep Boys ($60), DC, and might hard mount that and use the tank from the Puma set up. I have read lots of good things about those littel compressors. Probabaly not beef enough to run air tools (maybe in an emergency), but with the tank it should do well for filling up tires.

Just my 2 cents.

Back