• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

very interesting....

Getting back to Go Jeep's article on adding a restrictor to the top radiator hose. Marcus had added a high flow water pump and was getting wide swings in the water temp.
If you followed his postings from a few years ago when he did this, adding the restrictor did help stabilize the water temp. He claims that some XJs run cooler with one.
Can't remember if I saw it here or on the xjlist site, where he is normally found.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/xjlist/
The restrictor raises the pressure inside the block and can help prevent steam pockets from forming, while also slowing down the flow of coolant, giving it additional time to pick up heat.
Will it help you? You can only find out by trying it. It certainly is a cheap enough experiment.

Is this thread even real? Or am I dreaming?

Well I guess I can try this mod. Because I took it for a drive today and it got 221 degrees after only 3 miles of city driving with the ac on max :(

No. Instead I painted my pet triangle yellow. But his fur was too long, so I just counted to 14.

that's what she said.

OP have you put the stock temp thermostat back in or are you still just e-troubleshooting without actually trying anything that people have suggested? If you want to bring it up to my place I'll figure out what the problem is but you're going to cover my time in beer/money (or both if I get pissed off while working) :D

where do you live grimm? Dont you live towards like carson? i would so drive out to you but i think the damn thing would over heat going that far haha. im going to put the 3 core in and test my luck there.

well i guess we will see if it did anything :/ if not then also when i mounted my 14 inch fan i hacked up the mech fan shroud pretty good so that might be my problem is that im not pulling air in a big enough part of the radiator. Max (webdog) is working on a shroud for me and i should have that in a couple weeks

Back