• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vehicle shipping

When I shipped my XJ from San Jose to Seattle a few years ago all the quotes were around $500. I'd expect about the same.

Cheaper to find someone to make the trip for you. Then its just cost of fuel, and a little cash for your drivers time.

I don't know if that's true. I would figure its something like:
45 gallons of fuel: $115ish
10 hour drive time: $150ish (I certainly wouldn't do it for cheaper)
Return flight: $150ish (or more if its an obscure airport)

Its running $425, doesn't include a hotel room if needed, and there's no insurance on the transport of the vehicle. When I looked, it was a pretty good deal to have it shipped.

I don't know if that's true. I would figure its something like:
45 gallons of fuel: $115ish
10 hour drive time: $150ish (I certainly wouldn't do it for cheaper)
Return flight: $150ish (or more if its an obscure airport)

Its running $425, doesn't include a hotel room if needed, and there's no insurance on the transport of the vehicle. When I looked, it was a pretty good deal to have it shipped.
I was just saying a friend ot whatever, pay for gas and a few bucks. But yeah, the way you put it, does seem more cost effective.

There are "Tons" of regional transport companies.. Like Ceb0217 (curtis) Mentioned one of them..

And like The_weirdo pointed out.. It should run you in the $500 range..

where in Oregon?
i'm up here in Cottage Grove (20 miles south of Eugene) with my motor home & a 22' enclosed car trailer with Diane's xj in it.
for $500 i could leave her rig in my shop up here & haul your mj to san jose.

Knucklehead thanks for the offer I think I'm going to fly somebody up there and pay for the gas for them to drive it back, should be in the $375-400 range that way.

Back