• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

valve cover and vac questions

xjwisconsin

NAXJA Forum User
I have been following many of the recent threads regarding valve cover leaks and blowby issues, as I have quite a large case of this problem. Its been too cold here to work on the jeep but it seems like its gonna be warm enought this weekend to work on it so I have a couple of questions. Does anyone know the part number on the gaskets for the breathers inside the valve cover... also does anyone have a writeup or such regarding changing out the crappy large plastic vac lines. I ve been interested in replacing these as well. I got a stock 88 chief with a 4.0L thanks for the help and yes I did do searches on the gasket but no luck

Maalox... thanks for the thread... looks good. Im going more the route of mcnaamag. using some heater hose and such. This is my dd and right now I just need to get the oil undercontrol so that I can get to work and back. I was wondering though (I am only knowledgeable about what I have learned through these forums) what is the improvement of the newer steel valve cover over the aluminum one that I have... thanks

To get the 1/2" hose to work if you can't find the propper one. Use a heat gun and heat up the hose and then it should slide right on and be nice and snug when it cools off.

I had to do this on a not so stock 68 Dodge Charger I had and it worked out great!

HTH

Paul

Back