• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

v8 xj

A pic from this weekend
1296886795_l.jpg

you might not be able to see it but if you ask your dog he will tell you that you prob need bump stops:laugh3:

jagermiester said:
fenders are rolled and smoothed so now they serve as bumpstops. I know this was just a test run for the new tires and fender trimmage.

Using the fender tire as a bump stop you could get the tire bound up and snap an axle.. do axle to frame bump stops, as wide on the axle as you can, or trim more.

ashmanjeepxj said:
We have guys on toyota axles (alloys) wheelin hard on 42s..a stock d60 with neckdown shafts isnt much stronger then a non neck down d44 shaft.. at least get some new U-joints.

Behind stroked, injected SBC's?

Anyways, how goes the 383/400 swap? Make any progress? Scrap the idea yet? Still trucking?

I have a 86 xj 350/700r4, 32's, long arm. It was way more work than i expected i would not do it to a daily driver again. Made a long arm kit to clear headers and motor n stuff. Also had to move out upper control arm mounts on axle torward spring as far as they could go to clear oil pan. The stock 2.5 radiatior is cooling great, Runs 160 on highway.

ive searched a bunch but i havent found anywhere. what headers are you guys using to swap in a sbc? ive got an 86 xj with a 2.8 and im going to be swapping in a tbi 350.

Back