• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uwharrie OHV vote

JRT1393

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys I know a lot of you may have already seen and/or voted on this, but basically it's a poll from the Montgomery Herald asking whether or not OHV's should be allowed to run the trails at URE. URE may not be the best place to wheel, but damn if it ain't a blast. This is about the only place I can go to enjoy my Jeeps on a regular basis and it's become an important part of my life, along with everything else wheeling related. It would be awesome if y'all could go vote "Yes" so that we can continue to use the trail system at URE. Thanks guys!!!!!

http://www.montgomeryherald.com/poll_67fc1a3c-4353-11e4-8f0a-77816c2606db.html?mode=nogs

Voted yes earlier, but unless I missed it, was there an article on the topic?

When I was stationed in Jacksonville, NC Uwharrie was my get away. Getting away from the swampy coast to the hills around Uwharrie was awesome and I spent many a weekend over 5 years wheeling and camping that whole area.

Great times running Daniel and all the other trails around there with good places to camp in backwoods.

221747_1023455672782_2793_n.jpg

230132_1023455632781_2522_n.jpg

Voted in the poll.

820 votes yes and 20 votes no looks like pretty good odds.

Oh yeah, I just want it to be "yes" by such a long shot that there's no other option haha

Voted yes earlier, but unless I missed it, was there an article on the topic?

I looked for one but I couldn't find one

When I was stationed in Jacksonville, NC Uwharrie was my get away. Getting away from the swampy coast to the hills around Uwharrie was awesome and I spent many a weekend over 5 years wheeling and camping that whole area.

Great times running Daniel and all the other trails around there with good places to camp in backwoods.

221747_1023455672782_2793_n.jpg

230132_1023455632781_2522_n.jpg

Voted in the poll.

Nice!!! URE is an awesome place to just get outta the damned city of Charlotte for a little bit. Thanks for your service sir!!! :us:

Rest assured URE is in it for the long haul. The 4wd community has a great working relationship with the current USFS magnificent Rangers that manage this land. Somehow they even let jarheads enjoy it as well :)

Rest assured URE is in it for the long haul. The 4wd community has a great working relationship with the current USFS magnificent Rangers that manage this land. Somehow they even let jarheads enjoy it as well :)

It's not the local management that is the problem. It's their bosses. You know the ones that closed Tellico........ :(

Back