• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uwharrie Day Trip - Saturday 9/1

UNCC_99XJ

Twisted Up
NAXJA Member
Last minute I know, but Sam24th and I will be up there for the day on Saturday if anybody would like to come. Any and all are welcome!

Yay I just got the heep all ready to go. Loaded up my tools and parts a lil bit ago. Spent the day busting my ass off trying to scramble it together and a test drive in to make sure its all good. Swapped the Tcase out today, gave it a rough alignment, replaced a u-joint, greased all the joints, put my steering stabilizer back on, skids, and did an oil change on the heep and my yota.

Well we ended up cutting it a bit short. Just walked in the door actually. Got hit with a bad thunderstorm around 1:45 and the weather wasn't looking promising for the rest of the afternoon once the storm cleared.

Was a pretty good time though. Not many people on the trails which was really surprising. The Jeep got it's first bit of offroad body damage today as well...

post pics!!!!!!!! i'm going to go for the shakedown run for my POS. when its all said and done-ish haha

Working on going through the pics now. Body damage wasn't much. Ripped my flare off, pushed the fender in with the tire, and slid into a tree that had previously come down and had been cut. Put some nice custom pin-striping down the side but didn't notice that I dented it until I got home.

It was a rough day for the right front lol.

If it's not storming I was thinking of going tomorrow. How do you think the trails are, after the rain today?

Well it's been do dry lately, they should be fine tomorrow. Most of the water ran off and down the mountain anyways. If anything, it'll be less dusty tomorrow. The opposite of today lol.

Looks like fun! I love URE in the rain.....

Back