• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Used the U.V. oil dye. Head gasket oil leak!! need help

Pull the access cover at the lower front of the bellhousing and look at the flexplate. If you see a lot of radial "splatter" of oil all around (you can turn the engine easily with a 3/4" socket on a breaker bar or long-handled ratchet,) then I'd look at the rear main. If your flexplate is clean, start thinking about the valve cover.

Given the overall experience with valve cover gaskets, tho, I'd think about replacing the thing anyhow. I really should get that write-up done for the FAQ section - I didn't even volunteer that one!

5-90

JT u know u can just taste the 01 limited

I changed my valve cover at chanute, just change it again... its picky... as long as that head is the valve cover is not an easy seal... i torqued the bolts in a semi random fashion with very good results... i used a cork victor gasket ... none of that felpro junk :p

does anyone know if there is a permanant gasket out for the 4.0 head?

Back