• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Urgent: how to get vasoline off windows.

Wow, nobody likes their car messed with, like putting roofing tar under the door handles, using spray Aircraft paint remover on the car, squirting superglue in the door locks, stuffing marbles in the gas tank, cutting the engine ground straps, shoving potatoes in the tailpipe, opening the radiator petcock, wiring a can of sardines on the exhaust manifold, squirting skunk scent with a syringe into the interior, stripping the wiper edge off the blades, swiping all but one lug nut from every wheel, or simply letting out the air.

Its just so juvenile. Removing the seat hold down bolts is real humor.

This post is for amusement purposes only.:angel:Don't even think about it.:jester:

George Hayduke for President. party1:

HAYDUKE LIVES!

Always remember that psychological warfare can take place in a physical world - that's why I generally don't go for actual "damage" when I'm dealing with people - unless it's warranted. What warrants actually damaging something?

Don't mess with my wife - if she doesn't kill you, I will.
My two boys are fairly well able to take care of themselves (I taught them that much,) but I'm available to help.
It's not a good idea to cheat me out of a significant amount of money - especially when it's money we've agreed upon in advance, and that I've earned by working for it...
Don't go after any of the rest of my family, either. Extended or related by blood (should I adopt you, I reserve the right to deal with you myself. I'll also deal with anyone who damages you without my permission - I'm never going to give permission...)

With that in mind, I've got a whole boatload of tricks that I can come up with that are guaranteed to cause major irritation - but minimal damage (except, maybe, to you wallet - since you probably won't know what's going on and be paying someone to figure it out.)

Of course, if damage is warranted, I've also got access to a batch of REALLY nasty solvents and such, and enough chemistry to make them from commonly-available precursors.

But, really, I'm a nice guy!

5-90

beckXJ said:
Yeah, thanks bro. Hopefully it works. I still don't know what I'm gonna do to this kid, I physically dominate him, thinking about just scaring the shit out of him.

I always feel the punishment should should fit the crime. How about getting the twerp to clean off the vaseline? You could strongly hint that vaseline has other uses and that you might have to try them out if he doesn't take care of his mess. I'm sure the scarily creative folks here can suggest other methods of coercion.

why dont you just go up to the douchebag and tell him that you know it was him and he better come clean it off or you will beat his ass. if you fuck with his car, he is just going to fuck with yours more.

If theres a lot of Vasoline, get a plastic paint scrapper, then scrap and fling off as much Vasoline off the surface as you can, then scrub the remaining film with the solvents. That would greatly reduce the labor, far less Vasoline to dissolve and wipe up with a rag.

scrape as much as possible off before hand. then take a DRY paper towell and wipe your window repetedly while the window is in the sun (heat will thin the compund) then follow up with something like 409 cleaner, then windex.

Tell the punk to either clean the crap off, or the police will be there to take fingerprints. (or even better, security camera caught him on tape)

get a plastic paint scrapper,

Really, aside from our other suggestions, this is what I thought would be the best answer. Kudos for sticking to the thread, and replying.

Polite confrontation with the perp would help, too, especially if you have good evidence/information who it really is.

Perhaps it was meant to be a practical joke - having four kids, I find the background story we haven't heard will probably be really interesting. But, having four kids, I know how things get out of hand.

What if the shell makes contact with the gas tank?

EDIT:

Oh, and my friend did the vaseline gag to me when I was in class one day. Come out to find vaseline on all windows, especially the front. Also, he covered the entire front window in bird seed, and then wrapped the doors shut with cling wrap. We were having car wars, and he won the car war, but I won by scaring him into thinking he'd get expelled.

Oh, and we just used a hose with extremely hot water, and liquid soap + sponge. Took a hell of a long time, but got it all off.

Last edited:
carnuck said:
Permanent vehicle f*ck up? put sytorfoam coffee cup into his tank! It turns to slush and slowly clogs things up, but in the meantime, it jams piston rings, burns valves, clogs filters and injectors (because it can pass through to a certain extent if you don't put too much in) Also frags fuel pumps, and catalytic converters.

Chemically, the gas dissolves the styrofoam. Car will run just fine until its shut off. The styrofoam polymerizes in the system(read thin film of plastic everywhere). I have personally seem the damage this causes. The guy(classic high school a**hole) tore down his motor, and had to use a 4 lb hammer to drive the pistons out of the cylinder. replaced all fuel components and the intake manifold. the effect is even more expensive in fule injected motors. Anyone heard of Comet in the gastank. Supposedly it will cause a thermal reaction that will light the car on fir. Don't know if its true.....sounds like an experiment waiting to happen.

Well pure ammonia not 409 or Windex (there not strong enough) will be the only thing that really cut through Vaseline, but you have to get the majority of it off your window by scraping it off (plastic paint scraper as stated before) then wiping as much as you can. If he was a real jerk you may have to take the trim if he spread it with enough force to get it under the trim pieces as it will run out from underneath during hot weather, and that real fun if you don't get to it now.
Seems the low lifes haven't come up with anything new in the last few decades.

Once I was using a arosol can of white lithium grease to prop my door open after totally cleaning the interior so it could dry. I used the arosol can because the door check was broken and it was close to the xj. My neighbor who thought I left it open by accident, came over and pushed it closed enough to puncture the canister. There was grease all over my freshly cleaned interior. I used amonia to clean all the hard surfaces. For the glass I scraped it first with a single edge razor blade. I used mean green to clean the rest, along with steam cleaning the seats and carpet atleast 5 times.

A good payback is to pour a bottle of skunk sent used for deer hunting in the cowl area of a car. this will get inside through the vents. You will get the last laugh as long as your buddy doesnt know you did it.

I wish I could have seen the look on your neighbor's face when he thought he was doing you a favor, but ended up giving your Jeep a white lith bukkake.

first thing i would try is just plain old ordinary dish washing soap.
but use the one that says ''cuts grease''. i use it all the time to wash
grease off my hands and clothes.....works great.......

RicksXJ said:
first thing i would try is just plain old ordinary dish washing soap.
but use the one that says ''cuts grease''. i use it all the time to wash
grease off my hands and clothes.....works great.......
Dude, you brought back a two month old thread with your first post!
youre_awesome.gif

:)

The wife had some kind of tree tar or sap on her windows... NOTHING would take it off. Except for the orange cleaner I used, was for removing sticky labels or something, anyway it works great. You will need to use Windex to get the orange cleaner off when your done though.

Back