• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

URGENT driveline problems

rockclimber24315

NAXJA Forum User
OKay so i installed a lift now the rear drive shaft is hitting the yokes where it meets the transfer case. If I drop the transfer case and put in a shim on the leaf springs it should fix it. But untill can i just put a double carden joint(double u joint like the front drive shaft) on instead of the single U joint of the rear drive shaft????

Urgent : Not enough info, no, search, called Slip Yoke eliminator, stay off the rox mr. climber

Whats urgent? Just do what you apparently already know how to do... It MIGHT take an hour to install the t-case drop and shims... Whats the hold up?

Sorry for using valuable space on this FORUM WHERE PEOPLE POST QUESTIONS, i orginally asked if a double carden joint could be used on the rear driveshaft but i gave some background info so you would know what i was talking about. If Anyone with an answer and not just a smart A$$ remark would like to help i would greatly appreciate it. And it's urgent because I don't have a car (because of said problem) and i have to drive 30 minutes to get to highschool. I live in the middle of no where. And I know that SYE would fix it but i don't have an extra 1200 dollars lying around for one and a new drive shaft.

rockclimber24315 said:
Sorry for using valuable space on this FORUM WHERE PEOPLE POST QUESTIONS, i orginally asked if a double carden joint could be used on the rear driveshaft but i gave some background info so you would know what i was talking about. If Anyone with an answer and not just a smart A$$ remark would like to help i would greatly appreciate it. And it's urgent because I don't have a car (because of said problem) and i have to drive 30 minutes to get to highschool. I live in the middle of no where. And I know that SYE would fix it but i don't have an extra $1200 ???? dollars lying around for one and a new drive shaft.
:roflmao:

Well take out the rear shaft put a plastic bag over the t case output and put a rubber band around it and drive to school in 4wd. Also a sye and driveshaft is noy 1200 it's alot but less than half.

Coherent sentences would help us help you. Getting butthurt because we don't answer a question to your satisfaction ASAP doesn't help either.

Worst case, take traitor's advice and yank the rear shaft and drive in 4wd. You should be able to do a hack n tap for about $250 with a used front driveshaft. Less if you have a 96ish or newer.

thanks guys I will run it with out the rear drive shaft untill I get the parts. Sorry about the flame but, it seems like some people don't even try to help they just want to start something.

You sure are quick tempered to be a 21 posted highschooler. I just don't understand why you would not have done the drop tcase or sye to begin with... you can't expect to just put stuff together half way. I didn't mean to be smart ass by any means... you just need to be a lil more informative with your questions. You would think you would know how to do these things Mr. RockCLimber dude! Have fun in highschool! Oh how do I miss highschool.

Or.. spend 220 on a SYE and run your front driveshaft as your rear until you can either get a new front or a custom made

popcorn.gif
Lol, what year rig is it. Don't run it no rear driveshaft if its not sealed ie. red fluids gonna come out, pre96

A 20 oz bottle and some duct tape works perfect to fit over the t-case opening to keep the fluid in. Had to do it on the side of the road one day.

RyanM said:
popcorn.gif
Lol, what year rig is it. Don't run it no rear driveshaft if its not sealed ie. red fluids gonna come out, pre96

Pretty sure traitor told him to put a plastic bag over it. Want to know whats even worse than a special person posting up and than getting butthurt. A smart person posting up with some good info, but neglected to actually read the thread and notice that advice had already been given.............
lam.gif

;)

P.S. Last time I checked, a AA HD SYE and a TW DS package was only about $500 something. Not sure where you came up with $1,200, but man do I want to work for that guy.

91 Jeep Project said:
A smart person posting up with some good info, but neglected to actually read the thread and notice that advice had already been given.............
lam.gif

;)

P.S. Last time I checked, a AA HD SYE and a TW DS package was only about $500 something. Not sure where you came up with $1,200, but man do I want to work for that guy.

LOL not trying to be a smart ass but I think traitor already offered up that info... Sorry buddy I couldn't resist.

traitor5150 said:
Also a sye and driveshaft is noy 1200 it's alot but less than half.

91 Jeep Project said:
I was being a little more specific on the price and who made it...........;)

Point taken... good info! I'm not even sure who made mine... Got it from rustys for 480 with the TW D/S of course! AA i assume...?

Back