• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

URGENT!! Against 2SSB5366

Mc2KXJ

NAXJA Forum User
If you oppose 5366 as currently written, then read the following right now...not tomorrow...please take immediate action! This is going on right now, not this week, right now!

This bill is attempting to get something for one group of OHV users at the expense of other OHV users, an action that is devastating to ALL OHV users.

Your Legislators are taking a break right now and will be watching their email closely until they reconvene on the Floor later this evening. Please contact them and send them the simple message below. It is vital that you make your voice heard on this important issue!

Do NOT use regular Internet email as that is very unlikely to get to your legislator in time. Use this link:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/Default.aspx

Enter your voting address into the form on that site and be sure the Legislative Box is checked. A map with your personal legislators will appear on the screen. Please click on one of your Representatives. Next CLICK on the green colored "E-mail" hot link right below your legislator's phone numbers on the web page. {DO} check the box sending this to ALL of your personal legislators. Enter the 4 digit Bill # {5366} in the box provided on the linked site and check the {AGAINST} box. Enter {Against 2SSB5366} in the Message Subject box just above where you enter your detailed message

SIMPLE MESSAGE TO SEND NOW! (You can just copy and paste it into the form on the hot linked site)

Please take a look at the Pro and Con facts about what this piece of legislation does and does not do, by reading the quick summary using this link:

http://www.wohva.org/content.aspx?page_ ... _id=111263

I also understand that amendments not yet published for review are waiting in the wings to be brought up on the Floor. IN SHORT - I do NOT want this Bill passed “in order to find out what is in it” and I certainly hope you don't want to pass something in order to find out what is in it.

This enacts a "Closed Unless Specifically Designated Open" policy which will immediately close all of the already inventoried OHV trails under consideration for designation by various public land managers

Please vote AGAINST 2SSB5366.

Thanks to WOHVA for keeping an eye on this!!!!

This affects every single one of you!! I know it's a bit of a pain in the ass to do this, but you have to put some work in to get some play in!!

Back