• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

upgrade for 96 injectors

the only problem I have experienced so far is when the Jeep sits for awhile, like all night or at work, it runs really crappy on the first start but the instant you touch the gas the Jeep runs great.

this above problem was due to a bad set of Bosch Platinum 4s that were installed by the previous owner...I was intending on throwing them out but hadn't gotten to it yet, but the #1 dead cylinder kinda forced me to exchange them for a good set of factory champs.

now that this problem is solved and the injectors are installed along with a new "mod" a cone filter. I also cleaned the TB and ran a BG Fuel Injection and Intake system cleaner on the Jeep. I work at a shop so running this cleaner system is quite a purk. The Jeep acually runs on this cleaner with the fuel pump relay pulled and the Intake system cleaner is sprayed into the TB as the truck is running. After all this was installed and performed I filled the tank (87 octane from SHELL) and reset the trip. I will calculate and report back.

LT1 Injectors (6 nozzle spray)
Cone filter
Cleaned TB and Injectors
Cleaned IAC motor

Problem is now you wont know how much the injectors on their own improved the figures. Might have even made it worse but all the others things would have improved the figure on their own.

how's your mileage been?

maybe2fast said:
truck has been running very smooth, but only getting 15.x mpg

is that on an otherwise stock drivetrain? I mean lifts, tires, gears. and is that milege any different than normal compared to pre-injector installation?

thanks.

It's been over a year now.......we're looking for an update.
Did this work out for you or did you swap these back out?
Did it realy hurt your mileage?

Back