• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**UPDATED** HHO GAS....

I also saw a very interesting article on a guy using some kind of souped up radio transmitter beamed into a beaker of water. Apparently the guy was trying to come up with some kind of localized cancer burner and stumbled across this nifty side effect, but I can't seem to find a link to the site I saw it at. I've wondered about some adaptation of CRT, like in your old style computer monitor or TV, basically an electron gun focused through a container of electrolite, but I've yet to experiment with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGg0ATfoBgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRh4vwLJAiU

You can see in the second video he's pumping about 800 watts of RF energy, which is far more RF energy into the water than he was getting out in useable H2. I doubt that Stirling engine was putting out 1 HP. Still an interesting phenomena as he's not heating the water, but rather ripping the molecular bonds apart - similar to how an excimer laser "burns" off flesh without actually heating (lasik eye surgery as an example).

Seems like we could have nuclear cars like the submarines and aircraft carriers. A lump of fuel no bigger than a bugger could power you for 100 years. If the navy can do it, so can we.

And you thought maintenance on a gas engine was high? Not sure I'd want radioactive materials in the hands of amateurs who like to drink and drive either. :}

Two years ago when oil prices were starting to climb, the Navy looked at converting some of its smaller ships like frigates to nuclear power. They determined that oil would have to hit and stay above $140 a barrel for the next 10 years to make such a conversion beneficial.

If the government says it's too expensive, it's probably a good deal. I would agree that most people couldn't handle nucular material safely, but they'll kill themselves and others no matter what is powering the automobile. Stupid has no technical parameters.

If the government says it's too expensive, it's probably a good deal. I would agree that most people couldn't handle nucular material safely, but they'll kill themselves and others no matter what is powering the automobile. Stupid has no technical parameters.

If the government thinks it is too expensive, it's a sure bet we could never afford, LOL.

I don't put much stock in the assessment that something is too much or too little, when the opinion comes from people who don't have to work for any of it. I have even less faith when I know they make a killing from the sales of the alternatives.

Anyway, keep us posted on your gains with the HHO system- I'd really like to see one that works as well as the claims.

I don't put much stock in the assessment that something is too much or too little, when the opinion comes from people who don't have to work for any of it. I have even less faith when I know they make a killing from the sales of the alternatives.

Anyway, keep us posted on your gains with the HHO system- I'd really like to see one that works as well as the claims.

Just for the record, most of the HHO MPG improvement claims are a joke, impossible, not based on reality, and are the first sign of scam artist at work, or a vehicle that needed a tune up real bad.....etc. Improvements in the range of 20-30% MAX, do sound realistic with the right hardware based on what I have read in the original DOE work and other citations.

20 or 100%, it's still not happening. If you can produce one of these systems, you'll be stupid rich. What's stopping you, and every other HHO proponent?

20 or 100%, it's still not happening. If you can produce one of these systems, you'll be stupid rich. What's stopping you, and every other HHO proponent?

Maintenance and reliability. It's hard enough getting people to change their oil on time. Ever notice how many people drive around with empty washer reservoirs? Sure you can build a system that uses a float cell to trigger a fill motor to keep the cell filled, but you still have to keep the reservoir filled, electrolyte levels constant, fuses checked.

It's not impossible, it just adds an order of magnitude to the level of maintenance required at each fill-up. Therefore in it's current form it is impractical for the average idiot end user.

Back