• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Update: New park in KY Rush Off-road

beer_goggles_009

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Hey Guys, I made it out to Rush this past weekend. Wow is all I have to say, that place has amazing potential, Rocks, ledges, nasty ravies. The park does need some help in making difficult trails, we made 3 new ones this weekend. It has miles and miles of easy cruising trails. But the terrain is awesome and the park staff is great too. They Personally took us around looking for advise on what kind of trails we wanted. This park has the potential to be as good or better than Harlan. It needs traffic to get the trails established and worn in.

jim

Hey Guys, I made it out to Rush this past weekend. Wow is all I have to say, that place has amazing potential, Rocks, ledges, nasty ravies. The park does need some help in making difficult trails, we made 3 new ones this weekend. It has miles and miles of easy cruising trails. But the terrain is awesome and the park staff is great too. They Personally took us around looking for advise on what kind of trails we wanted. This park has the potential to be as good or better than Harlan. It needs traffic to get the trails established and worn in.

jim
got a website or anyother info?

Jim, thanks for posting this up! Looks like a promising new private park. Good prices I hope they stay that way. I noticed they mentioned primitive camping at the trailhead. Did you take a look at this? Do they have plans for building facilities like a bathhouse?

My group camped in the park one night. Basically there is a big clearing/parking lot just inside the park that you can camp in. Right now there only amenities are a few porta-potties and a small shack where you buy your permit or shirts. I was told that they have food available on the weekends, but we brought our own. They have plans to build a showerhouse and cabins. They way they described it I imagine it will be similar to what they have at the Harlan County Campground.

jim

Looks promising..... Here is to hoping I can get in more wheeling in the next couple years....

Here are some pics from Rush Off-Road park.
IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

Here is two videos of Trail 39.
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw ... EO0116.mp4
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw ... EO0117.mp4

Back