• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

upadte on XJ cooling problem

xj00ny

NAXJA Forum User
About a week ago i posted a problem my 2000 XJ was having with low heat and low cooling temp. I had stated everything in the cooling system was new even a MR Gasket HP balanced 195 thermo. Well I replaced the thermo with a factory 195 and presto normal temps and loads of heat inside cab. Plus My system is pressurized too. Thanks to all that gave their advise. Mike

Well that just confirms it. We should stay with OEM thermostats in our jeeps!

Aftermarket parts are not always better than OEM.

Quick question: Anyone with an aftermarket rad and water pump (3 core rad and high flow pump to combat Summer overheating) have to run a special T-stat, or will the factory 195 work just fine? I've used the drill a 1/8" hole at the fwd edge of the T-stat trick before to prevent burping and plan on doing it with this swap, but I'm just seeking info.

Thanks.

fubar XJ said:
Quick question: Anyone with an aftermarket rad and water pump (3 core rad and high flow pump to combat Summer overheating) have to run a special T-stat, or will the factory 195 work just fine? I've used the drill a 1/8" hole at the fwd edge of the T-stat trick before to prevent burping and plan on doing it with this swap, but I'm just seeking info.

Thanks.
I run a 3 row CSF with a ........Mr. Gasket 195* high flow stat and it keeps my 96' cool in the summer (even with the A/C going full blast in 100+* summer weather) and provides plenty of heat on the colder days with a stock pump. Maybe your stat was mislabled (?)--------Hans

Maybe it was mislabeled, I know the package stated 195. Any way, I have heat for winter and I should be good with the 3row CSF radiator for the summer. Mike

Back