• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unimogs Axles

On my old 4 door cherokee I ran hp 44/9" with 10" of lift on 38's and love it. I have talk to others that say a mog axle will give you roughly a 6" lift - I figure all I am going to run for tire 39.5 tires. so give or take I will need rough 10" lift - the reason I am want to go with mog. because of the ground clearance I will get. second - it hardly has been done.

xjfan1974 said:
My big question is how much do cut off the axles?

Elaborate. Are you talking about narrowing them ? Well, it depends on where/how you wheel. Here is a TJ on full-widht 404s to give you the idea:

umgtj5md.png

umgtj28zh.png

I bet it'll be super stable.

Last edited:
Have you done any fabbing before? It really seems like you are a newbie at this. YOu are going to have to beef up the unibody with those. i hope you know that. I used to want portals.... but after figuring if you DO break a shaft it is hard to find them!

NXJ.That first XJ with the cage. Where, did you find that? I tried looking at cardomain.com but they have the worst search engine and I couldn't find it.

FIREBLADE, I cant seem to remember. Possibly of PBB.

xtremexj94, your XJ is straightout rad ! How much are they narrowed ? And what rims are those ? Do you have any pics of the link mounts at the "frame" ?

Diffs are narrowed 7"; wheels are custom 17x9 steels with 3/8" thick plate centers (wheels are for sale). I do have some pics but my files seem to be too large to post on this board.

Even though it doesn't have anything to do with MOGs I wanted to see more shot of the bumper that had tube going kinda over the headlights. I'm thinking of a similiar idea and had seen no one with a similiar design until I saw that XJ with the cardomain.com logo on the pic. If you could post some more pics if you have them (maybe a side view). Thanks.

What is PBB?

Last edited:
Back